You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Take a bow son!

Close like but Australia’s day for me

They certainly had a better day than ourselves. Need to bat well tomorrow, hopefully it pisses it down. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Chris said:

Well this thread has gotten much more feisty than the England bowling attack.

The sledging leaves a lot to be desired though. 

We’re fucking shit, I fucking hate us. 

There was nothing surer than Denly getting out tonight although the manner wasn’t as I expected. 

Tentatively pushing at balls outside off stump looked for all the world like the way he was gonna go. 

Im gonna get so drunk on Saturday that I can’t see how shit we are. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

We’re fucking shit, I fucking hate us. 

There was nothing surer than Denly getting out tonight although the manner wasn’t as I expected. 

Tentatively pushing at balls outside off stump looked for all the world like the way he was gonna go. 

Im gonna get so drunk on Saturday that I can’t see how shit we are. 

If a casual cricket observer like me can see that Denly seems a nice guy but isn't actually good enough for Test Cricket then I'm not sure why the selectors can't. Even his 50 in the last test was one of the streakiest I have ever seen. Some serial under-achievers got the Stokes' Get Out of Jail card but shouldn't have. Having said that I hope Roy & Buttler enjoy a 200 plus stand tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

England have 19 wickets in hand and three days (maybe less if it pisses down) to save the series.

If they can do that and go to the Oval still in with a chance to win the Ashes against a side that will feel like they should be three nil up then maybe just maybe the Aussies will start to feel a bit edgy in knowing that it should be all over then that will do for me.

Shouldn't be that hard should it...….

24 minutes ago, Stickman said:

England have 19 wickets in hand and three days (maybe less if it pisses down) to save the series.

If they can do that and go to the Oval still in with a chance to win the Ashes against a side that will feel like they should be three nil up then maybe just maybe the Aussies will start to feel a bit edgy in knowing that it should be all over then that will do for me.

Shouldn't be that hard should it...….

I thought the sense of regret/deflation may have crept in to this game for them.

It didn't!

Guest Pistonbroke
9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Yep, that’s him.

I thought it was him you were on about. I remember him doing Ok against India and then he disappeared from the Test team. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I thought the sense of regret/deflation may have crept in to this game for them.

It didn't!

Hold your catches and it might have done....Smith could should have been out for 60/119 and Paine should have been out for 9.

But after Lyon's fuck up I guess it evens itself out

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I thought it was him you were on about. I remember him doing Ok against India and then he disappeared from the Test team. 

Yep, I don’t follow the domestic game down here but can only assume he’s been averaging about 20 in the Sheffield Shield so he’s not getting picked, despite being young and promising on his first go in the test team.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yep, I don’t follow the domestic game down here but can only assume he’s been averaging about 20 in the Sheffield Shield so he’s not getting picked, despite being young and promising on his first go in the test team.

He plays County Cricket in England as well, well he's signed to a team. I don't hink he's actually played that much though. Not sure what reasons are behind that. I have just found this following article which makes for interesting reading. Lehmann may not have an issue with the player himself, but could easily have dug himself into a hole in a spat with others and Renshaw has suffered because of it. 

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/cricket-matt-renshaw-selection-everything-wrong-with-australian-cricket/bd2ebc74-2c31-4e37-8c5b-9bb9134d6478