You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

No. He will be assessed. I still have a feeling it is his arm and the concussion bit was just so they could use a concussion sub. The Aussies went into deep explanation about how players don't show concussion on the day but the next morning. Benefit of the doubt I suppose, but something smells fishy to me. 

This is clearly nonsense.   A guy who went back out to bat after a head blow is not going to be concerned about a bruised arm.  

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, TK421 said:

This is clearly nonsense.   A guy who went back out to bat after a head blow is not going to be concerned about a bruised arm.  

He was hit in the neck, not the head, and showed no signs of concussion on the pitch. It was his decision to bat again and from I remember he hit a few sweet boundaries straight away, so nothing wrong with his eyes. Plus how do you know how is arm was feeling? It was heavily strapped and bruised after the ball had hit him. Maybe's he woke up this morning and that was the main problem. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

He was hit in the neck, not the head, and showed no signs of concussion on the pitch. It was his decision to bat again and from I remember he hit a few sweet boundaries straight away, so nothing wrong with his eyes. Plus how do you know how is arm was feeling? It was heavily strapped and bruised after the ball had hit him. Maybe's he woke up this morning and that was the main problem. 

He showed signs of concussion when he was lbw offering no shot, then walked and reviewed at the same time.  He was quite obviously in la la land.  But yeah, it's his sore arm.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He didn’t have the extra padding did he? Apologies if i’m mistaken.

Are you on about the neck padding? Is so, then he didn't. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, TK421 said:

He showed signs of concussion when he was lbw offering no shot, then walked and reviewed at the same time.  He was quite obviously in la la land.  But yeah, it's his sore arm.

In your opinion. Strange how concussion only works when you want it to. What about all the shots he was playing before he was LBW? Forget it though. Debating with you when you are in one of your petulant moods is a waste of time. Enjoy your day. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

No. He will be assessed. I still have a feeling it is his arm and the concussion bit was just so they could use a concussion sub. The Aussies went into deep explanation about how players don't show concussion on the day but the next morning. Benefit of the doubt I suppose, but something smells fishy to me. 

Could well be the case but just to add.

I was in an accident just on a month ago in work. Got hit by a falling object on the back of the head and neck. Never felt quite right after it but after the initial shock it was nothing more than aches and pains really so just got on with it. Last week it hit me out of nowhere and I was sent home home and told I cant return until I seek medical attention. I did and have been told I have post concussion syndrome and have been signed off until next week.

I'm not to bad when I'm basically doing fuck all but as soon as I start to do something that involves moving about for long periods of time I'm fucked again. It's not helping that I'm climbing the fuclking walls with boredom.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Could well be the case but just to add.

I was in an accident just on a month ago in work. Got hit by a falling object on the back of the head and neck. Never felt quite right after it but after the initial shock it was nothing more than aches and pains really so just got on with it. Last week it hit me out of nowhere and I was sent home home and told I cant return until I seek medical attention. I did and have been told I have post concussion syndrome and have been signed off until next week.

I'm not to bad when I'm basically doing fuck all but as soon as I start to do something that involves moving about for long periods of time I'm fucked again. It's not helping that I'm climbing the fuclking walls with boredom.

Yeah, like I said, it was just a feeling I have. I could be way off the mark. Only Smith and their physios/doctors will know the full extent of both injuries. I've also walked about for three days with a double tibia head fracture. Just thought i'd twisted my knee, obvious discomfort and it was only the next morning that the pain and lack of movement kicked in but never dawned on me that i had a double fracture. Adrenalin is a weird thing at times. 

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, like I said, it was just a feeling I have. I could be way off the mark. Only Smith and their physios/doctors will know the full extent of both injuries. I've also walked about for three days with a double tibia head fracture. Just thought i'd twisted my knee, obvious discomfort and it was only the next morning that the pain and lack of movement kicked in but never dawned on me that i had a double fracture. Adrenalin is a weird thing at times. 

Wow.  You are one tough SOB.