You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Manny said:

Well that's that then.

At least I won't have to skive off physical therapy training later. This'll all be over before Tea now. England players needed to be more aggressive against Lyon instead of prodding at the ball, severe lack of footwork at times. 

Take the captaincy off Root he's our best player and doesn't need the added handicap of the pressure that entails plus I don't think he's very good at it.

Not sure who you'd get to be the captain maybe this guy is still available and he doesn't  have to worry about his batting as he'd still be as shit as when he played

Image result for mike brearley

Absolutely disgusting way to lose the game. I can excuse the bowling because our main man missed the whole game practically but the batting today has been embarrassing. Jason Roy should be dropped for the way he got out and I am sick and tired of our batsmen making the bang average Lyon look like the second coming of Shane Warne. 

There has been no fortitude in the team at all, we should have been able to play out for a draw easily but we won't even make tea. Plain and simple, we've been embarrassed. And we're already chasing a series we were already chasing because we don't have holder's advantage. 

This isn't just a defeat, it is dismal. 

• Like 1

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Having someone on the first day 122-8 and losing by a mile. Shameful.

At that point we missed a bowler with guile to get the tailenders out. Those we had just didn't have the pace or guile to get at them. They were just happy to try and keep Smith off the strike and that let the Aussies build the score. We should have had them my the balls on day one, but we stroked them gently instead of squeezing them. The Aussies will be full of confidence after this and we traditionally don't do well at Lords. We will now have to win two test matches to take back the Ashes and you just know the weather will ruin one of them, maybe more. If we don't make changes to the batting order and bring Archer in we need our heads looking at. I bet Ali is the only fall guy though, plus Archer in for the injured Anderson. Buttler or Bairstow need fucking off and Roy moving down the order. I'd be tempted to fuck Buttler off as he offers less than Bairstow in Test match cricket, plus Bairstow is way out of form. Like you say, Foakes should be given a chance. 

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

Team for the next game people?

I'd make quite a few changes (I know it won't be this team, this is just what I would do...)

ANY OPENER (???)

Burns

Root

Roy

Stokes

Buttler

Foakes

Woakes

Leach

Archer

Broad

I think if the selectors don't pick Stokes, Woakes and Foakes then these blokes can realistically be called absolute jokes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3