You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

5 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Usually I would be thinking "oh fuck, here we go" with a day to go but I am pretty confident that England will bat it out. The Aussies aren't going to declare before a lead of 350 I shouldn't have thought. I have them down as declaring at overnight at the earliest. 

The pitch is doing nothing, zip, nada. It's frustrating because of the position they were in at tea on day 1 but we've had to play without one of the best bowlers in the history of the game and everyone else is knackered. Just take the draw and reconvene next week. 

Sounds easy enough in theory but our batsmen will be under massive pressure.  The Aussies will have enough runs to play with, they can set an attacking field.  I don't fancy our chances.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Ageing fast bowler struggling with injury breaks down shocker. Have another bevy mate. 

Jimmy has had injuries going into games before and then not broken down. When someone comes back from an injury there is always a chance they might get injured again, but that’s different to what you’re suggesting.

You’re saying he went into the game knowing he must have been unfit, that’s just bullshit and makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Jimmy has had injuries going into games before and then not broken down. When someone comes back from an injury there is always a chance they might get injured again, but that’s different to what you’re suggesting.

You’re saying he went into the game knowing he must have been unfit, that’s just bullshit and makes no sense.

You have just said he has gone into games with injuries before, so he wasn’t fully fit, like now. Luckily it hasn’t happened before now, he won’t play again after this series.

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You have just said he has gone into games with injuries before, so he wasn’t fully fit, like now. Luckily it hasn’t happened before now, he won’t play again after this series.

No, he’s gone into games on the back of injuries before, i.e. he’s overcome them and been fit, albeit with a risk as there always is first game after an injury.

Any suggestion that he knew he wasn’t fit, is just nonsense.

11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

No, he’s gone into games on the back of injuries before, i.e. he’s overcome them and been fit, albeit with a risk as there always is first game after an injury.

Any suggestion that he knew he wasn’t fit, is just nonsense.

Well what I do know is with him fully fit we would have won this.