You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

24 minutes ago, Ian Sea said:

Steve Smith must have the best hand - eye coordination of any batsmen, ever. His technique is ridiculous but he’s so good at the same time. 

A different type of player, but Sehwag was another with ridiculous hand-eye. No footwork whatsoever but churned  out big runs. 

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, Manny said:

I fucking hate Steve Smith’s face. I mean there’s the cheating and everything - form your own opinion on that - but his face. Christ his face. Most annoying face in the fucking world.

Annoying faced prick.

I've always thought he looks like a Lesbian. He certainly cries like a tart. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

120-0 at lunch.

You might want to review that, Roy goes for 10. Caught by the lesbian at slip. 

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I’m not having Rory Burns. Technique is terrible.

I think this is where I'm at with Jason Roy, he's a fantastic ODI player and I want him to be like KP, aggressive and able to take a game away from a team but I'm not sure about him as a Test player.

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Roy didn't look comfortable at all there, he doesn't have the technique for test cricket but on occasion he'll smash it around and set us up to win a match.

Huge difference being given leeway to swing your arms in the shorter game than building an innings at test cricket. He needs time to adapt, but we can't afford to give him that time in an Ashes series. I'd have Jennings as opener and maybe play Roy further down the order instead of Denly. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Huge difference being given leeway to swing your arms in the shorter game than building an innings at test cricket. He needs time to adapt, but we can't afford to give him that time in an Ashes series. I'd have Jennings as opener and maybe play Roy further down the order instead of Denly. 

Jennings is nowhere near good enough, it's been proven over time. Roy should really be at 4 but he's only opening because we've tried so many different players with poor results.

I reckon Burns has looked pretty solid this morning (obviously he'll get out shortly, now i've said that).

Just now, Brownie said:

As soon as it happened I said "out". Couldn't believe that didn't review it.

Same mate, I think it's been proven that alot of deliveries are hitting the stumps when you think they're not, and Gower has just said what I was typing and now it looks like I'm copying him and I'm not.

2 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Has that hit the stumps?

Edit: It has deffo lifted the bails. UNLUCKEEEEEEEEE

It happens so often now in cricket everywhere. Pattinson bowling the best part of 90mph, it rattles the top of off stump and the bail still doesn't dislodge? Fuck off. 

7 minutes ago, A_S said:

It happens so often now in cricket everywhere. Pattinson bowling the best part of 90mph, it rattles the top of off stump and the bail still doesn't dislodge? Fuck off. 

It is pretty nuts, but surely they comply with regulation weight and whatnot. 

Are the grooves in the stumps deeper? Is there a regulation groove in a stump?

14 minutes ago, A_S said:

It didn't rattle the bails, it just brushed by it, obviously not close enough. That's totally different to a ball hitting a stump pretty hard and the bails not dislodging, that definitely shouldn't happen.