You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, niallers said:

Why did new Zealand need to get more? They equalled 15 and regardless of the run out they needed 16. Someone explain please

Because we finished ahead of them in the table. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Hand Shandy said:

Something to do with number of boundaries scored.

Might be that as well. I'm not sure what day it is after that lot. 

1 minute ago, cuppatea said:

In the event of a draw the team with the most boundaries across the whole day wins, which was England.

Aah sound. Makes sense. i think I even saw that rule before the super overs started. 

Stokes was great but he reminds me of Jamie Vardy. To get a 6 off that bounce off his bat is out of order on NZ. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Lee909 said:

To a point, not sure that 6 off the bat is making your own luck

Luck is luck mate, NZ would have taken it. 

10 minutes ago, cuppatea said:

In the event of a draw the team with the most boundaries across the whole day wins, which was England.

Cheers. Fucking cricket. With we're long off to mid wicket, wides and extras. Ah too fucking complicated. Good entertaining game though.

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Everthing went England's way. Absolutely everything. Gotta feel for the Kiwis.

Why was that throw that hit Stokes bat from the fielder and then went to the boundary counted as a 6? Fucking ridiculous rule that.

They ran two, the ball rolled for a four.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Lee909 said:

No arguments with it

Can only imagine losing cause of it though. Bit like watching your keeper fuck you in a massive final

All part and parcel of the game mate, ifs and buts. NZ sneaking into the semi's, England peaking at the right time to get there. Both teams had luck, unfortunately one team has to lose. NZ can be proud, and I'm sure when the heartache subsides they will be. England should be gracious in victory here, and I'm sure they will be, players I mean...the Media and certain sections of fans will be unbearable as per usual. Just got to say, 'Fuck me, I witnessed a great final, a final which had everything.' 

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Everthing went England's way. Absolutely everything. Gotta feel for the Kiwis.

Why was that throw that hit Stokes bat from the fielder and then went to the boundary counted as a 6? Fucking ridiculous rule that.

They ran two and then it was thrown out for four.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Well I suppose they could have just settled for a single and not chances the second run.

Exactly, you have to play to the rules. Ifs and buts.......

Guest Pistonbroke

Stokes MOTM.

Shakib player of the Tornament.

Stokes catch of the Tournament. 

Do they have a batsman/Bowler of the Tournament? Don't think they do.