You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

"shrugs"

Not particularly partisan when it comes to cricket. I just want to see a good game.

As there are many things that fuck people off about the England team in another sport, they exist for me in this one.

Fair enough.

Could still be a good game.

NZ might defend 200+

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

The best games of ODI - without fail in my opinion - are the tight, low scoring ones.

I wouldn't say this is a low scoring pitch though, probably drop 10/20 runs from my previous statement about 260/270 being Par. 

Anything around the 230 mark will be competitive, no more. 

7 minutes ago, skaro said:

Fair enough.

Could still be a good game.

NZ might defend 200+

There wont be any pressure for England to get runs chasing 200+. They could pick their shots and wont have to take risks. England would have to do something pretty fucking bad to fuck that kind of chase up.

Mind, it is England so you never know.

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

There wont be any pressure for England to get runs chasing 200+. They could pick their shots and wont have to take risks. England would have to do something pretty fucking bad to fuck that king of chase u.

I honestly think the way we play chasing 225 is often as difficult as 325.

Said earlier, we'll get it in 35 or be bowled out.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Dougie Do'ins said:

There wont be any pressure for England to get runs chasing 200+. They could pick their shots and wont have to take risks. England would have to do something pretty fucking bad to fuck that king of chase u.

Opening partnership is always important to how we play, although our middle order are well capable of firing. Root and Stokes have been good, Buttler owes us an Innings and who knows how Morgan will face up to the inevitable short balls he'll get off Ferguson. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

Dead.

Actually a few of them could be.

Looking forward to lunch and more business contacts/talks...Taps nose. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

Most of them the cameras are on look well disguised as everyday punters who've probably just paid a fortune to watch a cricket game.

Shit loads of Members and dignitaries.