You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

That.

Kind of makes your selectors out to be hypocrites then mate, can't bode well for the future. 

Archer bowling with some venom here. It may sound silly but i'd rather we got Carey out ahead of Smith at this stage of the game. Smith will build slowly whereas Carey can up the RR. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s a shame you got caught really, John. 

Not really.

It's exposed our limitations in cricket, beyond our immediate stocks of a few talented, elite, greedy, win at all costs fuckers.

Add politically correct over-compensation to that, and you have where we are now.

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

Not really.

It's exposed our limitations in cricket, beyond the immediate limitations of a few talented, elite, greedy, win at all costs fuckers.

Add politically correct over-compensation to that, and you have where we are now.

Over-compensation? As far as I can see, both of the twats are back in the team! 

I’ll stop going on about sandpaper if we win here today and also the Ashes series. 

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Kind of makes your selectors out to be hypocrites then mate, can't bode well for the future. 

It doesn't... a few wins in a one day tournament, even winning it wouldn't matter that much.

Let's see how we go in the Tests against consistently swinging balls and hostile atmospheres.  It'll be carnage.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

It doesn't... a few wins in a one day tournament, even winning it wouldn't matter that much.

Let's see how we go in the Tests against consistently swinging balls and hostile atmospheres.  It'll be carnage.

Especially due to the Ashes starting in late summer with the majority being played when the weather could be perfect for swing bowling. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Over-compensation? As far as I can see, both of the twats are back in the team! 

I’ll stop going on about sandpaper if we win here today and also the Ashes series. 

Oh yes, but that's because they were sorry.  Reformed.  You know, rehabilitated.  

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

One other thing J. A lot of your top bowlers like Starc have had heavy work loads, as have ours, but you kind of rely on Starc and to some extent, Cummins to get the bulk of your wickets. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

One other thing J. A lot of your top bowlers like Starc have had heavy work loads, as have ours, but you kind of rely on Starc and to some extent, Cummins to get the bulk of your wickets. 

It's been quite a while since Starc has bossed it at Test level... so even that remains to be seen.

Cummins looked like he'd arrived against India last summer in Australia, so yes maybe him.

I think our only chance to be competitive in the Ashes is our bowlers, which is never a solid platform going into a series.  

It's not Holding, Roberts, Garner, Croft.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

It's been quite a while since Starc has bossed it at Test level... so even that remains to be seen.

Cummins looked like he'd arrived against India last summer in Australia, so yes maybe him.

I think our only chance to be competitive in the Ashes is our bowlers, which is never a solid platform going into a series.  

It's not Holding, Roberts, Garner, Croft.

Especially when you aren't playing on roads and the wickets/conditions are bowler friendly. 

Woods in to the attack and you can already see the Aussies are trying to target him. Woods has been disappointing in this tournament, struggles to find a good line and length and stick to it. 

18 minutes ago, skaro said:

I hope you’re right mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

240ish is a winning score on this wicket I reckon.

Looks a good wicket to bat on mate, once the new ball wears off. Reckon 240/250 could be about par myself. I'm sure the weather will also play a big part. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Looks a good wicket to bat on mate, once the new ball wears off. Reckon 240/250 could be about par myself. I'm sure the weather will also play a big part. 

Yes, I was factoring that in.

After the rain interruption in the first semi, I was pretty confident NZ would win.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'd being back Archer or Woakes for an over, maybe's both. Nothing wrong with mixing it up and the next wicket would be huge. Morgan just going horses for courses as usual.