You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Your fault that 

Good ball what got him, clever bowling as Stokes was struggling. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Read this roughly a quarter of a second before my stream showed the wicket.

Sorry mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussie commentator Slater up his own hoop. He's kidding himself if he thinks England are the number one team on current form. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Aussie commentator Slater up his own hoop. He's kidding himself if he thinks England are the number one team on current form. 

We're not but loads thought we were to be fair.

He is far too fucking chipper though. Would love to see New Zealand turn them over.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

We're not but loads thought we were to be fair.

He is far too fucking chipper though. Would love to see New Zealand turn them over.

Same here, although if NZ keep winning the Aussies will more than likely have to play India. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Still in our own hands mate, we do however have to play the best two teams in the competition. I also wouldn't write off Bangladesh. 

Ali and Vince need fucking off sharpish, one isn't good enough and the other has fallen back into the lazy approach he had a few years back. Ali is a huge problem with the Ashes coming up, I'd drop him so he can go back to County Cricket and show a bit of hunger. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Deserved win for Aus, outplayed us in all departments. Hope they get stuffed in the Semi's mind. England woeful, serious questions need to be asked and certain players dropped for their own good. Morgan's captaincy should also come into question. India will pummel us at Edgbaston if we don't play better. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Laughing and joking, I don't mind Morgan normally but he should be pissed off after the last few games

It was when he said 'I thought we bowled well first up and batted well enough, we're not going to look for problems when they aren't there.' What a crock of shit. 

I think England will go through still because results below them will go their way, but this is a really disappointing loss. We look like we peaked too early. The Aussies look as dominant as we did in 3 of the last 4 years for long spells today. But for Ben Stokes that would have been a complete caning. 

Beating the Black Caps and India isn't impossible by any means but I don't think it will come to that myself, I think we will go through. But we are not playing like a team that is going to win the tournament and truth be told, we haven't looked like it apart from maybe the first game.