You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

It might be a little simpler than that, G.

Outside of Finch, Warner and Smith, Australia's batting is shite.

Makes for an interesting Ashes series. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

I think England will win easily.

Not so sure about that mate, especially coming off the back of a WC, a lot of tired players carrying knocks. 

Guest Pistonbroke

285/7 it is. So just below what is an average score at Lord's. Aussies will be downbeat after that effort considering the start they had. England will feel they have given themselves a great chance. Have to bat well though, better than in our chases against Pakistan and SL. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Take a bow Vince lad, take a bow. Yes it was a good ball, but the shape of Vince's bat was pants, just play yourself in lad. 

Just now, Agt Provocateur said:

I can't watch the England innings because I'm in work, but not calling up Alex Hales to replace Roy is stubborn and self defeating. Vince is a great county batsman but not much else and yet they insist on trying him. It's not worked and it's not going to. 

Spot on.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Agt Provocateur said:

I can't watch the England innings because I'm in work, but not calling up Alex Hales to replace Roy is stubborn and self defeating. Vince is a great county batsman but not much else and yet they insist on trying him. It's not worked and it's not going to. 

He tried to clip a straight ball to leg side, fuck all footwork and the angle of his bat was more or less just showing the bowler the blade of it. 

England have 3 wins out of 3 when batting first, and 1 out of 3 (soon to be 1 out of 4) when chasing. Batting second is clearly the weakness, so it seems insanity to put the Aussies in first, no matter what the "conditions" are.

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussie openers doing what we failed to do, hitting a nice line and length. Hoping Morgan is in one of those moods and the others stick with him for some time. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Baffles me why they went with Vince again. Root has already proved he can open. 

Same could be said about sticking with Ali, way out of form with the bat and they didn't even bowl him out today, only six overs and the most expensive bowler to boot. His head will be shot to fuck by the time the Ashes comes about. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Morgan out to a top edge down to third man. Starc again, the cunt. We are going to totally embarrass ourselves here. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Bangladesh and Pakistan must be pissing themselves, we've handed both of them an excellent chance of making the top 4. I can't see us beating both India and NZ, although we are capable if we just play sensibly. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bangladesh and Pakistan must be pissing themselves, we've handed both of them an excellent chance of making the top 4. I can't see us beating both India and NZ, although we are capable if we just play sensibly

I'm afraid I've got some bad news...