You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Steyn and De Villiers though...

Maybe's, but SA have major problems at the shorter game. Mind you, Steyn getting a lot of early wickets could have eased the pressure on their batsmen. De Villiers wanted to make a comeback from injury at this W/C but they left him out. 

Shakib made another half century, out now though. Bangladesh 143/3 off 29.1 overs. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If England don’t get to the semis it will be some bottle job. 

They had their so called easier games stacked at the start, could bite them in the arse now. I fully expect them to win at least one of those final three games though, they might need to win two of them though. 

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They had their so called easier games stacked at the start, could bite them in the arse now. I fully expect them to win at least one of those final three games though, they might need to win two of them though. 

Hopefully the others are through before we play them. Losing to Pakistan was familiarity/contemp. Losing to Sri Lanka was pass the buck shite.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Hopefully the others are through before we play them. Losing to Pakistan was familiarity/contemp. Losing to Sri Lanka was pass the buck shite.

Australia and India will want to beat us regardless. NZ not so much, that is the last game and NZ should be safely in the Semi's. England are capable of beating all three, but it could easily end up in three defeats. 

Article on the BBC Cricket website about the Mali women's T20 team getting a hiding in a tournament in Rwanda.

Mali Women out for 6, 10 and 11 as they set unwanted T20I records

These are the results from their games:

Mali..............6 all out (9.0 overs)...5 of those runs came from extras!

Rwanda.......11/0 (0.4 overs)

Rwanda beat Mali by 10 wickets

Mali..............11 all out (15.4 overs)

Tanzania......14/0 (0.4 overs)

Tanzania beat Mali by 10 wickets

Uganda........314/2 (20.0 overs)

Mali...............10 all out (11.1 overs)

Uganda beat Mali by 304 runs

Rwanda........246/1 (20.0 overs)

Mali...............30/9 (20.0 overs)...Yes they actually batted out the 20 overs!

Rwanda beat Mali by 216 runs

Tanzania.......285/1 (20.0 overs)

Mali...............17 all out (12.5 overs)

Tanzania beat Mali by 268 runs

Mali...............14 all out (7.4 overs)

Uganda.........18/0 (1.4 overs)

Uganda beat Mali by 10 wickets

I'm starting to wonder if they actually used bats.

8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Shakib is the best one day player in the world.

He's magnificent, isn't he?

He alone deserves a semi-final spot... sadly won't happen.

Only possible chance, I think, is if the loser of Eng/Aust today went on to lose both their subsequent remaining 2 matches.

Guest Pistonbroke

Weather has improved in London so should get a full game in today. I reckon Warner and Smith are in for quite a lot of crowd abuse. 

Guest Pistonbroke

England V Australia. 

Cloudy conditions and you'd want to bowl face. 

England win the toss and Bowl first. Excellent toss to win. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Far too many short deliveries, they needed to pitch it up further. Aussies have treated it like Test conditions and have a decent platform now. Wickets change things, especially on a pitch like this that batsmen need to ease into things, but we need to fucking bowl better. Lose this match and it means Aus are through to the semi's and we'll struggle. 

Hard to judge what a good score on this pitch is. Reckon Aus will have to post at least 280. 

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Agree, mate. Anything between 265-285 will be competitive. I think 300 could be tough to chase.

If we don't get a wicket soon they'll just bat us out of the game. Looking more like getting 340-350 atm.