You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

‘Slats’ is an absolute cock. 

Changes his opinion on all things Aussie cricket like the weather. He goes from slagging them/a certain player/ tactics off to creaming himself within a few minutes. Thank fuck they have just changed the commentators. 

21 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Changes his opinion on all things Aussie cricket like the weather. He goes from slagging them/a certain player/ tactics off to creaming himself within a few minutes. Thank fuck they have just changed the commentators. 

I've taken to muting the sound when either or both of those are on, even if you're not listening to their drivel, the very sound of their voices is annoying.

Guest Pistonbroke

Aussies are gonna get about 330-340 here. The way SL are bowling I reckon England/India and maybe NZ would have gotten nearer to 400. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Could be the end for Sri Lanka if they lose this too. Their two abandoned games have killed them really, and they've got England, India, West Indies and South Africa to come.

TBF they are pretty shit these days. Capable of causing an upset, but they are loose with the ball and have no depth whatsoever in their batting. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, shame really, I always have a bit of a soft spot for them.

I agree. When they won the WC in 96 they were something like 500/1. At the time online bookies weren't a big thing and in Germany you couldn't bet on cricket. I asked my brother to stick a tenner on SL for me but he said he didn't. I bet he fucking did. 

Guest Pistonbroke

So the Aussies make 334/7 off their 50 overs. Probably enough to beat this S/L team but as I said earlier, against that bowling on this wicket I reckon the better teams would have been closer to 400. 

Guest Pistonbroke

India v Pakistan at Old Trafford tomorrow. The weather doesn't look promising for the afternoon. It would be a shame if they couldn't get a full game in, one of the more colourful clashes in Cricket. 

Guest Pistonbroke
24 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Decent start for SL

Taking the Aussie attack apart at the moment. Hopefully these two can stay in for another 10-15 overs.