You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

Roy unable to field, so cannot come in to bat till 7 at the earliest

Could actually work to our advantage if he is able to bat. The way he plays the Windies openers with a new ball might have got him cheaply. With tiring bowlers and an old ball he might actually be an ace up the sleeve if needed. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Root to open? Or would you put Butler there? 

Root against the Windies attack for me. Buttler would be good against lesser bowlers. Fucking hell Woakes drops a catch now, piece of piss dolly as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck it, I have to do the weekly shop now, hopefully come back and we don#t have to chase too many. Dropping those two catches is pretty mediocre fielding, I reckon the players believe the media Hype and put themselves under pressure. Since the drop Russell is going for it as well. 

Yep less than 250 is fine. That was a big wicket that. 

Incidentally I saw Oasis at the Rose Bowl in 07. It was the day London won the Olympics and the day before the 7/7 bombings. Noel had to tell people to stop fighting because it was just full of Pompey and Southampton fans knocking fuck out of each other. One of the most violent gigs I've been too that. Shagged some woman in the woods after it as well. 

2 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Looking forward to that KP: Story of a genius.

I'm probably in the minority here in that I loved him. Sensational cricketer. And a bit of a cunt too. But as we all know, you need a bit of that.

Great batsman and nowhere near as bad a fella as people would have you believe. Does a lot of charity work.  

4 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Looking forward to that KP: Story of a genius.

I'm probably in the minority here in that I loved him. Sensational cricketer. And a bit of a cunt too. But as we all know, you need a bit of that.

My brother is his biggest fanboy, he’s going to be an even more unbearable cunt every Saturday during the Ashes. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Great batsman and nowhere near as bad a fella as people would have you believe. Does a lot of charity work.  

He was texting the opposition team telling them how to get his Captain out! 

Unbelievably talented cricketer but he’s a gigantic cunt and should have never played for England again after that.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Had to go shopping so missed the last 15 overs of the Windies innings, good bowling or shit batting? I see as soon as Wood and Archer came back into the attack they cleaned up. Morgan's biggest fault is that regardless of the state of the game he is desperate to bowl out his fourth bowler (normally spin) mid innings rather than bringing back a strike bowler.

Surely we should piss this chase though, sun shining as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, TheBitch said:

Who's this commentating with Nass? She could be the next ex-Mrs TheBitch.

Isa Guhl. Ex English cricketer, fast bowler. She was born in the UK to Indian parents. She's definitely fit.