You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Ran out of cider?

I don't know if he's still there, as I haven't been to a game for the best part of a decade at Taunton, but there used to be a fella that would spend the entire game pissed out of his mind singing "I am a cider drinker". During Championship games, with the attendance at around the 100 mark he was the only thing you could hear in about a five mile radius.

9 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't know if he's still there, as I haven't been to a game for the best part of a decade at Taunton, but there used to be a fella that would spend the entire game pissed out of his mind singing "I am a cider drinker". During Championship games, with the attendance at around the 100 mark he was the only thing you could hear in about a five mile radius.

Col?

Guest Pistonbroke

Thought we saw the best and worst of both teams today. Aussies probably used up a life in that game, Pakistan will look back at important moments where they threw wickets away to poor deliveries. 

Pakistan done and dusted alongside SA, Afghanistan and probably Bangladesh. 

Will Australia win the tournament? Not for me Bob, they just can't put a whole performance together. That could change mind, but I think they look to vulnerable. 

On a side note. Those Aus commentators just chat bollocks when they are doing their stint in comms. They change their views like the weather. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

They're extremely talented but sadly, collectively, thick as fucking pig shit.

Seemingly have no interest in the absolute basics of the sport.

Couldn’t agree more, so frustrating, always had a soft spot for Pakistan from the days of Imran Khan so always root for them but Jesus the brainless cricket at times

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Thought we saw the best and worst of both teams today. Aussies probably used up a life in that game, Pakistan will look back at important moments where they threw wickets away to poor deliveries. 

Pakistan done and dusted alongside SA, Afghanistan and probably Bangladesh. 

Will Australia win the tournament? Not for me Bob, they just can't put a whole performance together. That could change mind, but I think they look to vulnerable. 

On a side note. Those Aus commentators just chat bollocks when they are doing their stint in comms. They change their views like the weather. 

Can never tell with Australia but they look a level below India and England for me and for the reason you allude to. Still dangerous though

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Can never tell with Australia but they look a level below India and England for me and for the reason you allude to. Still dangerous though

I think all the so called top teams are dangerous on their day, I just can't see the Aussies winning this. Mind you, if they make the semi's anything can happen, especially with the weather and the toss handing either team in a match a huge advantage. You have to commend the groundsmen so far in this WC. Most of the pitches used have given something to both Batsmen and Bowlers.