You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Mind you Somerset 56/3 now, having been 19/3.

Lancs seamers have taken all the wickets so far, whereas Jack Leach got 5-fer. It can't be the usual Taunton featherbed. Looks like they expected it to turn as Lancs are playing a couple of spinners.

They've also finally bitten the bullet and left out poor old Haseeb. 

Wow , Lancashire / Zummerzett ends in a tie.

Don't see many of those in 4 day cricket.

Lanky took their last two wickets ( by young spinner Maharaj ) when the scores were level.

Might have a chance of avoiding the drop

Young spinner plays for SA .

That presumably gets them 10 points - good result.

I reckon they needt o win one and  draw 2 of the last 3 to have a chance

• Upvote 1

Young spinner plays for SA .

That presumably gets them 10 points - good result.

I reckon they needt o win one and  draw 2 of the last 3 to have a chance

Think we only have two matches left, r-r . ( All the others have at least 3 left )

Next one up is Yorkshire at Headingley. If they could win that I think they have a fair chance of saving themselves.

after their heroic run chase the other day, Lancs bowled out for 99 at Taunton. 

22 wickets fell yesterday. 12 of them Lancs. 

Day 1 Lancs 1st innings 99 all out.

Day 1 Somerset 1st innings 192 all out

Day 1 Lancs 2nd innings 7 for 2

Day 2 Lancs lose the other 8 wickets and are all out for 170.

Day 2 Somerset 2nd innings 77 all out.

Resut - Match tied. WTF ?

Something interesting that Cook acknowledged was he maximised the talent he had and there were others more talented than him. Made me wonder who that could be, Pietersen immediately comes to mind.

Loads of players had considerably more talent. Ian Bell, for example.

Cook had/has about three shots. What set him apart in his peak was an almost perfect temperament.

Loads of players had considerably more talent. Ian Bell, for example.

Cook had/has about three shots. What set him apart in his peak was an almost perfect temperament.

It could be argued that temperament is a talent as well I guess. I'm just intrigued who had the best batting ability.

The commentators were saying Vince looked a great player with some of his shots but would still get out cheaply. Ramprakash really seemed to exemplify wasted ability.