You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Incidentally, anyone have a link for English batting averages this summer?

Here you go mate.

England averages:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=12033;team=1;type=series

India averages:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=12033;team=6;type=series

Jennings is shot, walking wicket. Cook needs to go, Root needs to drop the captaincy. Apart from the we're fine.

Who would come in? We have very few battlers.

Agree on taking the captaincy off Root, his batting is predictably suffering from the pressure. Not too many candidates, I’d probably give it to Bairstow.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=12033;team=6;type=series

Agree on taking the captaincy off Root, his batting is predictably suffering from the pressure. Not too many candidates, I’d probably give it to Bairstow.

Root needs someone to give him a good twatting.  He constantly gives his wicket away. He's so fucking talented but if he had an ounce of proper application he'd be scoring huge numbers.  Its his attitude that constant throughout the batting. There's no fucker that makes the opponent work for his wicket.

Thank fuck for the bowlers. Rescued the batsmen for years now

I think we have a very good middle order so the batting isn't all bad. Amazing the difference in class in ODI/Twenty20 top order batting contrasted with the Test team.

Our supposed 2 best batsmen in Root and Cook have been muff garbage for ages now.

A finely poised match, given India haven't exactly set the world alight with their batting, Kohli aside. 

It was interesting hearing Holding and Atherton discussing Andy Roberts and how he could change his grip on the ball / shiny side as he was about to deliver the ball. Atherton didn't believe him, so they saw Andy Roberts one time later and he showed them exactly how he did it. 

Fucking hell, like you don't have enough problems facing Andy Roberts without that tricky shit! 

A finely poised match, given India haven't exactly set the world alight with their batting, Kohli aside.

It was interesting hearing Holding and Atherton discussing Andy Roberts and how he could change his grip on the ball / shiny side as he was about to deliver the ball. Atherton didn't believe him, so they saw Andy Roberts one time later and he showed them exactly how he did it.

Fucking hell, like you don't have enough problems facing Andy Roberts without that tricky shit!

Missed that - do you have a link at all mate?

I think it's amazing that you could even manage to see the shiny side of a ball in a players hand and from 22 yards away? The again I think it's amazing that players can tell what sort of delivery say a leg spinner is going to bowl by the slight change in the way the ball leaves his hand

I can barely see what note I'm handing over at the bar, I guess that's why I'm always skint....Oh for the eyes of youth

Kohli appears to be playing a different sport to everyone else.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if he'd been caught in the first test match for about 17 instead of going on to make 149.....

As I type that Curran has got him out caught by Cook

Lancs on the verge of a famous win at Southport. Wish I'd gone now.

Me too, Joe.

Biggest run chase by Lancs to win a game since 2002 !!

I assume it's down to finances , but playing at Old Trafford seems to be a kiss of death , the outer grounds at Southport, Liverpool & Blackpool seem to provide much better crowds & results , see the title win year for example.