You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Never liked him mate, he’s always come across like he fancies himself as the Ronaldo of cricket. Came across as a right dick in the first innings as well, although I accept Root started that in the ODI series.

England making a mess of this tail dispatching now as well as fucking up chance after chance with Kohli.

England players aren’t shy of acting like pricks - always rated Kohli and love watching him bat.

Seems to happen constantly , Cap'n , and it's up to us to stop him farming the strike as easily as he is. We are clueless in our bowling and field settings.

Having said that I would have settled for a first innings lead no problem after we were all out.

Our own worst enemies here, basically giving a totally set batsman as much of the strike as he wants to get a ball or 2 at a tailender. Prime example of poor thinking was when Anderson missed a massive trick not bowling a bouncer at Kohli when he was bowling at him last ball of the over (much) earlier.

Lack of a proper paceman hurts too, it’s been our issue at mopping up tails for ages now. This lot were over a hundred behind with 2 wickets left and I’d back them to have a lead of 30 or 40 at this rate.

• Upvote 1

Did you see th ball?!

Granted it was a good ball, but it didn’t turn at right angles, pitched middle and hit off stump.

Cook is a high standard opener (despite what many might say) but for me he seemed to be overthinking and got his front foot out too early and was stuck hanging his bat in front of his pad

Thought he was playing the man rather than the ball.