You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke

England going along OK on this wicket, 97/1 off 18 overs. Roy is still way out of form but Root and Hales quite the opposite. You feel that the weather will spoil yet another game though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It's shaping up for England to play Australia in a virtual knockout game for the Aussies.

Hopefully the weather is good, as that kind of match is always great viewing.

You could win it and still miss out, depending on RR's. 

Guest Pistonbroke

on a side note, that persplex  devise they are making the Umpire wear on his arm is an abomination. I take it, it's for measuring the shape of the ball on a regular basis. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Good win for England which means they'll top the group regardless of how the game V Australia goes. NZ and Bang will be hoping we win that one though, it means they would have a straight shoot out for second spot. If Australia win then they would pick up second spot and progress to the semi's. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Bangladesh shock NZ, they were 33/4 at one stage but then went on to chase down 266 losing only 1 more wicket. That sends NZ crashing out of the tournament. If England beat the Aussies ot the game is washed out England would top the group and Bangladesh would go through as second placed team. If the Aussies win then England would still win the group but Aussies would go through as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Looking at chasing over 330 if it carries on, par score on this ground is about 300 and it looks a bellter of a strip, no pressure as such on England as we have already won the group. 

3 down as I type. 

Looking at chasing over 330 if it carries on, par score on this ground is about 300 and it looks a bellter of a strip, no pressure as such on England as we have already won the group. 

3 down as I type. 

I want the aussies out, don't trust them to not come back and bite us on the arse later on. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I want the aussies out, don't trust them to not come back and bite us on the arse later on. 

Same here Col, reeling them in now. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Wood also gets his fourth, 254/9. It has been some spell from Rashid and Wood, hopefully the latter gets his 5 for.