You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (May 21 2017)

tlw content

mongoguardofhonour.jpg

It was the least interesting final day in some time, with everything settled other than the final two top four places. Everyone knew City and Arsenal would win, so that meant our game was the one with the most riding on it for the neutral, although the only people who believed there was any chance of us not beating Boro were the pessimistic, once bitten twice shy element of our support. Y’know, people like me.  

At least it was in our own hands though, as we’d have been royally screwed if we’d had to rely on the Blueshite to do us a favour. They dropped Barkley to the bench at the Emirates, with some suggesting that it was related to him still not signing a new contract. Bollocks. Koeman said it was tactical, which is probably true, but not necessarily in the way you might think. 

I’ll explain. Remember the last time the Blues were in this situation whereby them winning would have done us a massive favour? I do. I remember it all too well, the shitbags. They were a fucking disgrace that day against City and didn’t even try to win the game. The crowd wanted them to lose and the players responded by not even breaking into a sweat. All except Naismith and Barkley, who gave them the lead with a brilliant goal that barely even drew a round of applause, let alone a cheer. That’s why he didn’t start against Arsenal. Can’t be taking any chances by selecting someone who might actually play with some professional pride and indirectly help 'de redshite', eh? 

So Barkley started on the bench but was soon brought on to replace lifelong red Tom Davies, who presumably was trying a little bit too hard for Everton’s liking. 

It was a dream start for the Blues as they fell behind early to a Bellerin goal. The full back spared Danny Welcrap’s blushes, as he would be getting ripped for the miss of the season had the Spaniard not followed up and scored. So far so good for both sides but then things threatened to go awry when Arsenal were reduced to 21 men after Koscielny was red carded for a terrible tackle on Valencia. 

Against anybody else the game would have been in the balance, but never, ever under estimate the Blues’ in built desire to shaft us. Sure enough, Robles the Clown stepped up to the plate and hit one out of the park for the Bitters. Seriously, just look at his pathetic effort here… 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

• Upvote 2

Not having that Giroud goal, complete fluke that it flew into the top corner. Acid test - what are the odds he'd even connect with that cross again, let alone put it in the only place the goalie wasn't covering. Whereas Can could replicate his overhead again and again, such is his technique. Have to say, I loved BIg Andy's goal, the power he got into that shot.

Worst ref of the season.....? All of them!! Worst bunch of officials I've seen in 50 years of supporting the Reds.