You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Arena Explosions?

Anubis

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

2 years. Doesn't seem that long ago. Horrible to say but I expected it to open the floodgates to many more. I'm surprised nothing else like this has been targeted since. 

RIP 

I think 14 have been foiled (along with 4 RW plots). 

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

2 years. Doesn't seem that long ago. Horrible to say but I expected it to open the floodgates to many more. I'm surprised nothing else like this has been targeted since. 

RIP 

I imagine if the public knew about every terror plot foiled then there would be a regular panic and the UKIP mob would have plenty more ammunition to demonise the Muslims. 

Credit to everyone involved in stopping these things from ever being successful. 

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Moo said:

The public inquiry started today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54056327

Just been watching this on the news. There'll definitely be some answers needed for why he wasn't stopped or challenged in the build up to the attack. Praying on the mezzanine floor of the arena and the footage showing him unable to stand up straight or walk properly due to the weight of the contents of his rucksack makes you think that this conduct really should have raised some suspicions. 

If you check the dates my wife, sister and her friend was at the arena the week before watching take that and report's are that they was their doing a trial run. 

I watch a gambling streamer ( rockanrolla ) who's was live at the time and me and Lisa was in bed. She was watching some crap and it came up on his live stream that something had happened. Me being the cynical git thought it was just a light that had blown and people were making things up. Once it came out what had happened I've never been more ashamed of myself for being the way I am.

He shut the live stream down to cancel all the live comments that would of obviously came in.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just been watching this on the news. There'll definitely be some answers needed for why he wasn't stopped or challenged in the build up to the attack. Praying on the mezzanine floor of the arena and the footage showing him unable to stand up straight or walk properly due to the weight of the contents of his rucksack makes you think that this conduct really should have raised some suspicions. 

It’s a brave security guard challenging someone for praying as it looks suspicious.  

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

To be honest, when you word it like that... 

The fact he was at/around a train station could explain the rucksack and why this might not have been notable, but the description of his movements in the days and hours before he detonated astonishes me that it didn't seem to be picked up on. 

I hope the families get some answers.

I worked in the Business School at the University of Salford (I know but I needed the money lol) and he was a student there. Does not surprise me that the university had some crackpot fundamentalists. It seemed to breed this in parts of the University.

It was a surreal time. One of the lecturers who taught him lived in the same street as a little girl who was killed. Several students were hurt as well (none seriously).

We were led into a meeting when it emerged he was a student there and debriefed. It was less like working at a University and more like being in an episode of homeland. The place felt hollow for a long time afterwards. Security services were all over the place and some staff were interviewed.

Bizarre times