You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pineapple on a pizza?

Get the red gun out, Tone, but here in Australia - other than the shame of knowing we are in Shane Warne's mindset when we do it - a slice of ham and pineapple pizza, every now and then... is fucking boss.

Hang on, a slice of pizza? As in one slice of pizza?

This shit is freaking my nut out.

Hang on, a slice of pizza? As in one slice of pizza?

This shit is freaking my nut out.

Well, maybe two.

But you see, Tone, a ham and pineapple, in my instance, would only be eaten as a shared experience - where other pizzas are also involved, like Margherita, Pepperoni and Capricciosa, for example.

I would never buy a ham and pineapple pizza solus.  And if I made one at home, it would be a mini-one, using a Greek pitta bread base.

Not so in my case, alas, comrade.

Displaced person post-WW2 Mum, arrived 1954... and Dad, despite compulsory military service, rejected from the Yugoslav army, arrived 1961 via Naples and Paris.

Free shipping passage to Oz for both though and then welfare for a bit, so thieves of a sort.

You'll go full Australian if you put pineapple on your pissa.

Well -- in a trad 70's fondue just about anything went -- apple, marshmallow, pineapple, the neighbors wife's nipple - all good.

But meat was the best - so yes, neighbour's wife's nipple.

We went round to my schoolmate's parents for fondue one night in the 70s.  

At the time, fascinated, I thought sticking sticks of meat into a little oil cauldron at a dinner table was the thosedays-equivalent of Blumenthal.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m a fan of ham and pineapple pizza, only those with uneducated pallets do not.

Its all about the salt and the sweet. Gammon and pineapple, maple syrup and bacon, salted caramel, melon & ham, peanut butter & jelly, frosty fries etc etc etc - all compliment each other tremendously.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2