You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Private car park fine

Has anyone NOT paid one of these?

I've got a parking pass in a carpark in town (it's part of a block of flats). Costs £80 a month. I use it every day for work and at least once at the weekend coming into town. It comes with a windscreen badge and is registered to my car. The carpark is always half empty.

On sunday my missus used the space but forgot to put the badge in the window, plus she was using her own car. Got back and there's a sticker on the window and a £60 fine, going up to £100.

Now to be fair there are signs all over the carpark, so it's not like she can say she didn't see them, plus as i mentioned she forgot to put the pass in the window and didn't use my car.

Still, it's not like it's a police or council parking ticket, it's a private company.

Has anyone succesfully not paid up a private parking charge? Because i don't want to. I like my money and want to keep as much of it as possible.

cheers

Has anyone NOT paid one of these?

I've got a parking pass in a carpark in town (it's part of a block of flats). Costs £80 a month. I use it every day for work and at least once at the weekend coming into town. It comes with a windscreen badge and is registered to my car. The carpark is always half empty.

On sunday my missus used the space but forgot to put the badge in the window, plus she was using her own car. Got back and there's a sticker on the window and a £60 fine, going up to £100.

Now to be fair there are signs all over the carpark, so it's not like she can say she didn't see them, plus as i mentioned she forgot to put the pass in the window and didn't use my car.

Still, it's not like it's a police or council parking ticket, it's a private company.

Has anyone succesfully not paid up a private parking charge? Because i don't want to. I like my money and want to keep as much of it as possible.

cheers

Electoral fraud is one thing, illegal parking is another, You're fucked mate

Check if they're registered properly in some way.

If they're not, they won't be able to get your address details from the DVLA and won't be able to find you.

If they are, appeal it saying you have a permit from it and that the attendant can't have seen it.  You should still be able to pay the £60 if they find against you.

Alternatively, don't pay it and see if they feel like a fight.  It's only an invoice.

• Upvote 1

Pay the fine immediately.

Then write out a huge list of more desirable alternatives you could have spent the equivalent money on: romantic meal, family day out at the zoo etc etc, and share this with those you love.

If I know people the way I think I do (winky smiley), you and your family will feel a lot better.

Surely the easiest option is to contact them, explain your missus is a fuckwit, and show them your valid pass.

This.

The ticket will have contact details on it.  Point out that you're registered and they'll probably drop it.  If they don't, there's an independent body (whose name I can't remember) that you can appeal to; if the company decide not to waive your fine, they'll have to give you the details of how to appeal to the independent body.

I wouldn't trust to some bloke off the internet who says he can get you out of your fines.  The law has tightened up in the last couple of years (in response to some blokes off the internet who said they could get you off your fines).

This.

The ticket will have contact details on it.  Point out that you're registered and they'll probably drop it.  If they don't, there's an independent body (whose name I can't remember) that you can appeal to; if the company decide not to waive your fine, they'll have to give you the details of how to appeal to the independent body.

I wouldn't trust to some bloke off the internet who says he can get you out of your fines.  The law has tightened up in the last couple of years (in response to some blokes off the internet who said they could get you off your fines).

This law stuff is confusing didn't an elderly Scottish boozer manage to beat the law on speeding by saying he needed a shit?

• Upvote 2

This.

Very much doubt simply explaining to them that you forgot the pass will work. I'm sure they'll cite some Ts & Cs in your contract stating it must be shown at all times or risk a fine.  Why?  Because they're money grabbing cunts.