You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton At Home 7.5.17

Without mane we are shite. You get the anfield wrap type tossers saying how can a team that's scored so many goals need forwards, we need to focus our money on defence. Bullshit this side needs an almost but not quite entire new midfield and forwards who actually want to score goals. Not oooh I don't want responsibility pea rolling couldn't hit a bus if they were sat on it fuckers.

Im stepping away from football for the rest of the day for my sanity.

Fuck off with your Lallana love in, he was as shit as the rest in his small cameo, as was Sturridge. 

Lallana is average.  He's the sort of player who should be sold as soon as he's had a good season as sure as shit he'll revert to being his useless self next season.

• Upvote 1

Suarez brilliant player that he is, misses more penalties than James Milner.

fair but do you think he would have stood and allowed forster to do that - or would his team mates?

i may well be wrong here but for me it gives keeper a boost

We were taking too many touches on thge ball, wtf was all that about ?

When you've got the first touch of a rapist,further touches are often needed to get the ball under control, by which time you've been closed down and even more touches are required before the ball can be shuffled five yards sideways/back to the centrebacks/smacked out of play because every available avenue has been blocked off.

Guest Pistonbroke

Don't you think we looked considerably more dangerous when they were both on the pitch?

We looked dangerous because we were trying to win a game at home in the last 10 minutes against a defensive minded team who actually started to defend deeper. It had nothing to do with any Lallana or Sturridge magic. They weren't utter shit mind, but they were no better than anyone else on that pitch. Well maybe Wijnaldum and origi, but they replaced them. 

Because I don't engage in the over the top fan fest for a very ordinary player and a mind numbingly bland 'pundit' who will tell me what I have just seen doesn't make me less of a LIverpool supporter. It just makes me more selective in what I choose to like about the game. I choose not to like listening to Jamie fucking Carragher.

I just don't understand how you can say "fuck off Cara I hate him" he played his heart out for us time and time again. I don't have issue with you not liking the things he says but that comment was harsh

Guest Pistonbroke

If sturridge started and played like he has been lately and it still finished 0-0 then people would be crying about klopp not starting origi.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

True, but Origi is wank. His movement off the ball is slow and pointless most of the time, when he does have the ball he looks even more clueless most of the time. He had a small purple patch a while back which got him back into the first 11 due to injuries, he's been utter wank since. 

If arsenal win today their last 4 are southampton, stoke, sunderland and the bitters.

Not a stretch to say they could win those 4 and get to 75 - bitters will lay down for them.

Any dropped pts by us at west ham and that total would edge us out.

all ifs and buts - but that said a draw has to be the best result for us here in this arsenal v mancs game today doesn't it?

What a load of shite.

But who in all honesty wasn't half expecting it?

Really drab performance by the players but the main culprit for me was the manager.

His primary job is to give the team the best chance to win the game. His team selection didn't give us the best chance, his reluctance to make any changes before he did, didn't give us the best chance.

I realise it's difficult when only one team is trying to play but there are other options available to the manager to try and shake things up. Lallana could and should of started in place of one of the three deeper lying midfielders, Moreno could of come on to give us some natural width and pace down the left, likewise TAA on the right or switch Milner to the right instead of Clyne. We could of had Sturridge and Origi on in a two pronged attack, we could of gone three at the back against an unadventurous team. Unfortunately Klopp chose to do nothing really but sit on his hands and watch us go four games without scoring against the same team.

So frustrating but so predictable were we are concerned.

PS. What the fuck is Grucic supposed to do in three fucking minutes?

• Upvote 1

If sturridge started and played like he has been lately and it still finished 0-0 then people would be crying about klopp not starting origi.

Origis been shocking since last season, we wouldn't miss him in the slightest if he didn't play.

They really wouldn't have. Origi hasn't been shit for a game, he's been shit for a whole fucking season.

It's actually incredible he continues to start.

On Klopp, I can't disagree with the starting line up, but do think the subs came too late, they should have been brought on by the 55th minute tops.

Klopp also doesn't seem to have a Plan B. Yes we know the quality is lacking and we have virtually no flexibility in personnel, but it looks like we don't work on alternative tactics and having watched Southampton frustrate us several times before it's disappointing that we have no tactical flexibility.

However, if Klopp can get the right players in his Plan A will work much more often than not (what a difference Mane would have made today) and I think that's what he's relying on, get Plan A working at it's best as often as possible.

I accept that's something we Liverpool supporters will take a bit of getting used to, but what choice do we have? I think our only choice is to support him.

Cedric, Yoshida, Jack Stephens, Bertrand.

Those are the defenders you failed to trouble once Origi, Coutinho and Firmino! Fucking hell.

The fact that Southampton can play a bunch of random no-marks against us and still look rock makes it all the more perplexing that you're so desperate for us to spend £50m on the latest in a very long line of players to shine in their defensive setup.

They're going to sell Romeu for about 8 times what they paid for him next summer (probably to us) and it won't be because he's gotten 8 times better as a footballer in that period. We'll probably buy his £5m replacement for £30-50m a year or 2 later as well.

• Upvote 1

True, but Origi is wank. His movement off the ball is slow and pointless most of the time, when he does have the ball he looks even more clueless most of the time. He had a small purple patch a while back which got him back into the first 11 due to injuries, he's been utter wank since.

All of that is true, I just reckon if sturridge started instead of origi, we'd still be having this exact conversation except you'd be listing sturridges flaws instead.

Guest Pistonbroke

Frustrating afternoon, same old Liverpool issues that haven't been addressed all season.

Spot on mate, players know they are going to play week in week out and pick up their wages. The thinned out squad is saving money but is hampering us in all other areas. We are being duped. 

Beyond getting upset by results like this- its expected now.

On the plus side, we didn't lose to Soton- improvement on the last 2 times we've played them.

However, we still didn't look like scoring against them- 3rd game in a row.

We may still stumble into 4th, but it will be on the back of a couple of worldie goals by us and dreadful 92nd minute misses by our otherwise utterly shite opponents- we've hardly been setting the world alight.

And if we don't sign someone with pace and who can beat a man one on one, next season will be more of the same. The blueprint is there- defend in banks of 4 and 5, let us pass the ball around aimlessly for 90 minutes, and take advantage of the only chance you get in the match.

Oh well, c'mon you Arse!

Guest Pistonbroke

If arsenal win today their last 4 are southampton, stoke, sunderland and the bitters.

Not a stretch to say they could win those 4 and get to 75 - bitters will lay down for them.

Any dropped pts by us at west ham and that total would edge us out.

all ifs and buts - but that said a draw has to be the best result for us here in this arsenal v mancs game today doesn't it?

Yes. With a shit load of injuries and a few reds. 

Half of the teams in the league would play that way against a top side, which we aspire to be. They were up against average players, and at no point did we trouble them for the time they were on the pitch at the same time.

It's one of the reasons why I always harp on about signing players from teams who are expected to take the initiative in games, and who know what it's like to face and then grind down the bus-parkers. If you fill your squad with that, it's much easier to assilimilate into your squad the odd talented player from teams who usually park the bus. If you do things the other way round like we usually do, you'll never have enough out on the pitch to break down stubborn resistance because the belief and understanding just isn't there. Our various scouting networks over the past 30-odd years don't seem to realise that.