You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

Relax for fuck sake, Palace was a shocker. Klopp and the players will be raging about it and expecting s big response and had the ref done his job correctly and given us that pen for the tackle on Coutinho from behind, we very well may have won the game. We showed real grit and determination in the games against Stoke and West Brom, who are far more daunting challenges than these. The stadiums a kip but not exactly the most hostile or intimidating ground to go to.

Relax for fuck sake, Palace was a shocker. Klopp and the players will be raging about it and expecting s big response and had the ref done his job correctly and given us that pen for the tackle on Coutinho from behind, we very well may have won the game. We showed real grit and determination in the games against Stoke and West Brom, who are far more daunting challenges than these. The stadiums a kip but not exactly the most hostile or intimidating ground to go to.

I wouldn't bank on these players being 'raging' about Palace...however that isn't the big issue tonight in my view - the big question is can they handle the pressure of suddenly having a chance to press home an advantage in this top 3/4 race.

I think most of the pessimism is due to how we tend to react in these situations - there are plenty of examples over last few years of us shitting the bed at crucial times and until these players buck the trend people are going to be understandably pessimistic about us in situations like tonight.

A better set of results could hardly have been hand picked yesterday and that means we have an opportunity to really crank up the pressure on the manc clubs and seize a big advantage in the race for a cl spot.

Most people would readily agree I would imagine that we SHOULD win tonight..we are a team who should be highly motivated and boosted playing a shite team with fuck all to play for - the problem is that people have seen us flop in these kind of situations so often and a lot of people are nervous of us shitting the bed again - understandably, you just can't trust this team....hopefully they'll show the desire, nous, quality and bollocks that are needed tonight and do the job - yet another night when they empty their bowels all down their legs will in my view signal the end of their top 3/4 hopes.

We're going to do this tonight......

........We'll then have four or five days of the players saying how we've turned a corner with these sort of sides.......

.....And then not win another game for the rest of the season.

Fucking hell, we are third in the league so we must do most things right, you'd swear we were in relegation places judging by some. I'm just glad it's away as the travelling support don't seem half as jittery or judgmental. 2-1 to us.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell, we are third in the league so we must do most things right, you'd swear we were in relegation places judging by some. I'm just glad it's away as the travelling support don't seem half as jittery or judgmental. 2-1 to us.

Yeah, we're not great but it's not as though we've been awful this season.  At least we're miles better than we were last season!  Strange how a really poor January has just completely shaken the faith of our fanbase.

And as you say, it's probably a good thing this match isn't at Anfield.  There will be enough nerves on here if we're not ahead by halftime; best to keep it out of the stands as well.

Guest Pistonbroke

Come on Redmen, I'm fuckin shitting it here.

Same here, been nervous all day. What we need is the Watford keeper wanting an early holiday, brings down a player in the first 10 minutes to give away a penalty and gets sent off for his troubles. 

We do plenty of things right and we are a good side but we also do things very wrong all too often at key times and have done it so many times - and it is that habit that stops us kicking on and actually achieving things/winning things and that habit that makes the fan base so nervous.

Same here, been nervous all day. What we need is the Watford keeper wanting an early holiday, brings down a player in the first 10 minutes to give away a penalty and gets sent off for his troubles.

That would help, but we also need our lads to be fuckin on it right from the start.