You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea. Requires thought. 8 players minimum.

Bjornebye

He's probably in the top 5 best left backs of the past 25 years. He really is a complete tool though

Maldini wrote that fucking list.

Sorry, prematurely boosting my side.  Was kind of hoping I'd get my last picks in tonight before driving back west. Going to have to drop the mic tomorrow instead.

Guest Alex_K

Toss up between phil Thompson & rio Ferdinand as my England pick ... but Thompsons got the European cups so he gets the nod. Scott Carson too to complete my team please as Championship player; those who would pick between my 10th and 11th all have one already

1585437_Boca_Juniors.jpg

Delighted

Some might not know Nilton Santos but he was a pioneering fullback. The first too really get forward and attack. Member of the 1954 World Cup Squad and a winner in 58 and 62

16 years and over 700 games with his one club Botafogo and 75 caps for Brazil

Finished of with Bergomi

Started as a RB but moved inside at times and more often as he got older.

Normally the man overlooked as the great Italian defender because of AC dominance. Another one club man 756 games for Inter and 85 for Italy

Toss up between phil Thompson & rio Ferdinand as my England pick ... but Thompsons got the European cups so he gets the nod. Scott Carson too to complete my team please as Championship player; those who would pick between my 10th and 11th all have one already

Added both to the selection thread.

PM sent to Mr. Tash.

I'm back and it's up to RT and me to pick next.  Since I've just driven across the country doubt I'll be up early and I believe RT just has the Current LFC and Non-LL,PL,SA,BL one to go.  Neither of mine fit into those categories so I'm going to go ahead and complete mine.

Ive finished mine due to others already having a Championship player. Considering its arguably the most competitive league in Europe there isn't half some absolute dross in there. 

If by any miracle everyone can get their picks finished and team posted by 11:30 on here then i'll have this live before the old firm kicks off at 12. 

1585541_Bologna.jpg

Happy with that. My front 3 with the 2 CM's behind is as good if not better than how I think anyones will shape up despite some cracking teams. 

Kuszczak - One of a bad bunch from the championship but certainly a better keeper than the likes of Ruddy and Green. Spent 5 years at the Mancs as understudy to Van Der Sar. Hair like H from Steps. 

McNamara - "In his first game against the r*ngers he outshone their megastars, he run them ragged everywhere and drove their fans insane, you can bet your bottom dollar we have found the new McGrain" One of my favourite players growing up as I was a full back myself. Used to model my game on a miix of him and Maldini. More McNamara to be fair (Only because i'm right footed....) 10 years as 1st choice RB for Celtic. Hair like Harry Potter

Patrik Andersson - 96 caps for Sweden, played for Bayern Munich and Barcelona. One of the top CB's of his ear and the best scandinavian CB of all time. Hair like Tom Hardy. 

Taribo West - Major part of the Nigeria squad that won gold in the Atalanta Olympics in 96, played for Inter. Predominantly a LB but played as a CB as well. Hair like , well Taribo West 

Milner - People were picking current Liverpool players too quick and after Mane and Coutinho had gone Milner was always going to be my next pick. versatile, great work rate and attitude. been excellent at LB for us. One of Klopps shrewdest moves since he has been at the club. Badly wish we had signed this fella earlier in his career. Hair like Billy Elliot. 

McMahon - My bone crusher, my ball winner, my hard-man. Toss and blew over him or Robson but needed a solid DM so Neeskens could roam. Hair like David Speedie.

Neeskens - the best Dutch midfielder of all time, often named straight after Cryuff when people talk about the great dutch sides of 74 and 78. Goal scoring centre midfielder, cracking player, 2 footed. Hair like a ZZ Top beard. 

Jairzinho - World cup winner, flying winger, powerful. 33 goals in 81 games for Brazil in an era when they were by far the best side on the planet. Had hair like Jim Kelly (Williams from Enter The Dragon) 

Totti - SPQR

Zidane - The greatest player of his generation in a generation that arguably had the most pound for pound world class player. The best player i've seen in the flesh. Unreal ball control, great set piece player, impossible to man mark. Hair like Ross Kemp. 

Rush - Liverpools top goalscorer of all time, one of the greatest strikers of all time. Thinks Italy is like being abroad. Hair like a microphone. Tache like me dads. 

After Jaaskelainen, Green is the best keeper you could pick in the Championship IMO. He was excellent for West Ham. One of best keepers in the Premier League for a season or two. Kuzc has never been anything remotely like that

Jaaskelainen yes but not the other two. Green is terrible.