You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Guest Pistonbroke

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/06/30/tucked-away-conservatives-website-good-news-everyone-wants-tories-out-image/

Tucked away on the Conservatives’ own website is some very good news for everyone who wants the Tories out 

A second general election would likely be bad news for the Conservatives, after Labour has leapt ahead in recent polls. But while Theresa May is publicly calling for “a period of stability”, it looks like the Tories may not expect any such period to happen. In fact, they may be expecting a second election. Because they are advertising for new campaign managers to start within the next two months.

“Rolling-up-the-sleeves”

The ad appears on the Conservatives’ own website:

Screen-Shot-2017-06-30-at-09.47.42.png?r

And also on the Working for an MP website:

Screen-Shot-2017-06-30-at-09.46.37.png?r

The sort of staff they are advertising for are usually hired up to a year before a major campaign. It would be strange and wasteful to hire such staff if you were expecting your next campaign to be two-to-five years away. Without a major campaign to plan for, these ‘campaign managers’ would literally have nothing to manage.

The adverts are also clear that the job will involve working with a “local parliamentary candidate”. This means they are talking about a general election rather than a local election. This is also important, as parties don’t choose parliamentary candidates until nearer the actual election in constituencies where the incumbent will not run again.

Bad news for the Conservatives

A second general election is widely seen as bad news for the Conservatives. Polling suggeststhat Britain now prefers Jeremy Corbyn over May in the role of prime minister. And a series of other post-election polls put Labour up to six points ahead of the Tories. While May has said that “more than anything else this country needs a period of stability”, Labour has been preparing for a second election since the last one finished:

Everyone should be ready for one anyway. Especially as Theresa ‘U-Turn’ May has promised a period of stability.

The Canary asked the Conservative Party for comment but received no response by the time of publication.

I don't see how anything the Tories promote increases the likelihood of upward social mobility. So they lower income Tax but they increase everything else and if they get to privatise everything they want it's going to cost the masses a lot more for vital services/protection than it does under social programmes. The Tories literally just seem to be about the rich not wanting to have to pay tax because they can afford to not need any social programmes so why should they pay. I genuinely believe their ideology is destructive to a safe civilised society.

I don't see how anything the Tories promote increases the likelihood of upward social mobility. So they lower income Tax but they increase everything else and if they get to privatise everything they want it's going to cost the masses a lot more for vital services/protection than it does under social programmes. The Tories literally just seem to be about the rich not wanting to have to pay tax because they can afford to not need any social programmes so why should they pay. I genuinely believe their ideology is destructive to a safe civilised society.

Its why they were formed. They were formed to protect the interests of the wealthy and nothing more,which they still do and will do forever. This always means that they will do things which cause harm,and death, to ordinary people and they don't give a shit,never have and never will. Poor education standards for the poorest in society help them do this so they continually and purposely lower these standards so stupid and ignorant people either don't vote or vote for them. Not rocket science,even though a good portion of the population seem to think it is.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, is anything going to come of this, or are the corrupt cunts going to sweep their law-breaking under the carpet again?

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-inside-the-secretive-tory-election-call-centre

They can contact me we had 2 phone calls from them in the run up to the Election the last on polling day fucking shady bastards

No magic money tree bullshit, part 121 or something,

The cost of the tory vanity project Hs2 has now risen to a staggering 400 million quid a mile.

A project for the great and the good not to suffer the tedium of being stuck in traffic.

We tend to get contacted by trade union call centres. Probably why Labour aren't kicking up such a fuss about it, as they're up to the same thing.

Are you talking about volunteers phonebanking (which is legal) or a party using commercial call centres (which is illegal)?

You what? I was relaying my experiences, not defending anyone or anything.

Even a moron like you ought to be able to tell the difference.

Says the man who hates personal insults but loves spouting shit tory slogans like magic money tree.

You have a complete and utter lack of self awareness.

• 2 years later...

People are dying now as a result of the incompetence and negligence of the Tory Government. 

If Labour had won in 2017 - as we so nearly did - there is no question that the NHS (and the country more generally) would have been better prepared to respond to this crisis.

Bear that in mind when you read about the evidence of bastards in senior positions in Labour HQ working for a Labour defeat in 2017.

https://novaramedia.com/2020/04/12/its-going-to-be-a-long-night-how-members-of-labours-senior-management-campaigned-to-lose/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Ah, yes. I was thinking about the 2015. Still, 55 seats isn’t ‘so nearly’ winning election. 

They were within a few thousand votes in total in a number of marginals to being the largest party and being able to form a government with the SNP. If the treacherous leadership team had concentrated on those seats rather pushing resources into their favoured MPs' constituencies, they could well have taken them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mudface said:

They were within a few thousand votes in total in a number of marginals to being the largest party and being able to form a government with the SNP. If the treacherous leadership team had concentrated on those seats rather pushing resources into their favoured MPs' constituencies, they could well have taken them.

This.

It was widely suspected at the time, when volunteers turned up for phone banking (for example) and found that they were assigned to safe seats held by Centrists, rather than winnable marginals.

The link I posted links through to an Independent article, showing how few votes were required to lead to  either a May majority or a Corbyn-led coalition. Twats in Labour HQ didn't try to get those votes, because they were rooting for a Labour defeat.

• Upvote 1

If you go back a few years back I was posting some of this stuff, a guy I know was feeding me stuff from the coal face.

‘They’ were deliberately hampering him, hiding documents, putting the wrong times in calendars, not booking transport etc.

The big one will be the finances and the disaster of Corbynfest, but that might just disappear, if the books are never, ever looked at! 

17 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If you go back a few years back I was posting some of this stuff, a guy I know was feeding me stuff from the coal face.

‘They’ were deliberately hampering him, hiding documents, putting the wrong times in calendars, not booking transport etc.

The big one will be the finances and the disaster of Corbynfest, but that might just disappear, if the books are never, ever looked at! 

What was that?