You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Don't do ot to yourselves if Labour still had the clout they had in Scotland then they may have a chance, but that is around 50 seats that have gone for the foreseeable future so I can't see how anyone can think they can win without it.

I'll be voting Labour because they have an outside chance of ousting the SNP in my constituancy but it's a losing battle up here, Scottish Labour are a complete joke...

a7571d1f92a7e7be0e6351641e570038.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck me, the start of this ITV shit on May is like "This is your life" about a fucking angel. They tried to hammer every other leader after a quick 1 minute introduction. Independent TV my fucking arse. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just read something from an old schoolmate who lives in Shildon, County Durham. She said "Boris Johnson is visiting and was heckled by labour voters and he called them all illiterate." 

The Tories will get at least a 75 seat majority.

The horrible cunts.

It's a distinct possibility isn't it? It might well be a case that Corbyn does well in terms of % of the vote by effectively increasing the Labour vote in Labour strongholds but doesn't make much ground in the swing constituencies. Polls are all over the place. What is clear is that for once younger voters have to take notice of this election and vote. Their vote can genuinely make a difference this time and it's critical that they vote.

Whilst I'm still hoping for another unexpected outcome I have a feeling that this election result will just end up as business as usual, Corbyn significantly increases Labour's share of the vote to 35%, enough to justify carrying on as leader whilst May ends up with a slightly larger working majority, enough for her to justify calling the election.

It's a distinct possibility isn't it? It might well be a case that Corbyn does well in terms of % of the vote by effectively increasing the Labour vote in Labour strongholds but doesn't make much ground in the swing constituencies. Polls are all over the place. What is clear is that for once younger voters have to take notice of this election and vote. Their vote can genuinely make a difference this time and it's critical that they vote.

Whilst I'm still hoping for another unexpected outcome I have a feeling that this election result will just end up as business as usual, Corbyn significantly increases Labour's share of the vote to 35%, enough to justify carrying on as leader whilst May ends up with a slightly larger working majority, enough for her to justify calling the election.

Stop it. Stop it you negative fuckers. All of you. Bury the negative waves. Get out and vote. Make sure everyone you know who sympathises with Labour votes, even if you have to drag them there. Anyone thinking of voting Tory - have a long chat with them. If they are still voting Tory, kill them, and we'll discuss how to get rid of the bodies later....