You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Westminster voting intention:

Con: 41.5%

Lab: 40.4%

Poll was Survation 

18767680_915106988629811_100630596814314

That was from the 2-3 June as well according to Britain Elects. So Labour could be even closer now or even in the lead if they repeated that poll, because May has had some serious stick over police numbers recently.

Have kind of mixed feelings at the moment. Part of me just wants this election over with already, but another part of me is wondering if this is the last couple of days with this sense of hope. I can't allow myself to think much about what it'll be like if Corbyn wins, but definitely think it can be done.

Anyway, even if he gets close that gives Labour no right to try and turf him out. So I don't think it's right to assume that he's going to be replaced and then the same old shit will soon be happening again. Maybe the best thing will be that the party can be properly transformed and a lot of the idiots that caused so many problems will lose influence or be replaced themselves over time.

I was a critic as he always appeared to want to be almost touchy feely at the beginning and wasn't really channeling the anger a lot of people felt. If this is what he had been from the get go or allowed to have been by the party at least it could have been very different​. Hopefully they at least know now that left/centre-left is a viable path.

I was a critic as he always appeared to want to be almost touchy feely at the beginning and wasn't really channeling the anger a lot of people felt. If this is what he had been from the get go or allowed to have been by the party at least it could have been very different​. Hopefully they at least know now that left/centre-left is a viable path.

Definitely agreed that the party have held him back. I'm not sure if some of them will be that bothered about it being a viable path because they'll be too invested in their own ways, but if things go well enough maybe there'll not be that much they can do about that, and the party will once again represent what the majority of members want instead of so much other shit going on.

There's no way I'm getting my hopes up over a Labour victory, it isn't happening. Too many people have either bought the Tory guff about Brexit and the economy, are long term conservative votes with no intention to change or are non-voters.

I'm still shocked by the lack of understanding or critical thinking being displayed by so many people (on either side).

The following line of thinking may be third dimensional chess shite, but I reckon this election could be a good one to lose narrowly in some ways as the likely impact of Brexit would be blamed squarely on a Labour government in power. In particular if Brexit is a shit show while the conservatives (who instigated it as an internal party wrangle) are in power that would surely make them unelectable over the long term?

The following line of thinking may be third dimensional chess shite, but I reckon this election could be a good one to lose narrowly in some ways as the likely impact of Brexit would be blamed squarely on a Labour government in power. In particular if Brexit is a shit show while the conservatives (who instigated it as an internal party wrangle) are in power that would surely make them unelectable over the long term?

They said that in 2010 though with all the austerity  bollocks. They need to go now or there'll be nothing left in five years.

There's no way I'm getting my hopes up over a Labour victory, it isn't happening. Too many people have either bought the Tory guff about Brexit and the economy, are long term conservative votes with no intention to change or are non-voters.

I'm still shocked by the lack of understanding or critical thinking being displayed by so many people (on either side).

And don't worry, all this "too tolerant of terroism" will play to lots of people too. The country is full of dickheads .

And don't worry, all this "too tolerant of terroism" will play to lots of people too. The country is full of dickheads .

That lying cunt Johnson was on BBC Breakfast today, lying about Corbyn and "shoot to kill".  (Apparently May has been doing the same.)  They've also been getting people to retweet a clip of that Kuenssberg interview and report about "a shoot-to-kill" policy, despite the fact that the BBC Trust ruled it was misleading.

That lying cunt Johnson was on BBC Breakfast today, lying about Corbyn and "shoot to kill". (Apparently May has been doing the same.) They've also been getting people to retweet a clip of that Kuenssberg interview and report about "a shoot-to-kill" policy, despite the fact that the BBC Trust ruled it was misleading.

They know lying wins elections. Theirs no concern about telling the truth, just scare the shit out of people.

That lying cunt Johnson was on BBC Breakfast today, lying about Corbyn and "shoot to kill".  (Apparently May has been doing the same.)  They've also been getting people to retweet a clip of that Kuenssberg interview and report about "a shoot-to-kill" policy, despite the fact that the BBC Trust ruled it was misleading.

He is now on Sky doing the same, again shameful lying but also shameful that he is not being pulled up about it by the impartial news organisations. 

Why worry about lying when you know you will be allowed to get away with it.

He is now on Sky doing the same, again shameful lying but also shameful that he is not being pulled up about it by the impartial news organisations. 

Why worry about lying when you know you will be allowed to get away with it.

I think most people know he's full of shit and there is a good reason why he's been kept in his box up until now.

His support for Trump won't play well. No I think it's a panicky move by May who got battered the last couple of days.

Johnson will do them more harm than good