You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

That's the highest Labour rating in any poll since 2014.

I'm still quite sure Labour will not win this election but I'm quite sure they would have if the parliamentary side of the party had got behind the democratically elected leader. Judas cunts.

Conversely the PLP would argue, if they lose, they would have won had they had another leader, We are where we are and the party has united behind a good manifesto that offers real choice, If Labour get anything close to 40% next week then it will be a stellar result even if the Tories still win,  They have squeezed the Lib Dems and the Greens but there is nothing they can do about UKIP's collapse and the coalescing of the right wing vote because of Brexit. It's still conceivable the Tories will lose seats overall and that will spell the end for May ,   

I think I'm going to leave the celebrating until such a time as we aren't completely fucked.

The debates and polls will mean fuck all in nine days time when these evil bastards continue laying waste to the country.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just caught up with the debate on BBC Parliament.  That's as bad as it goes if you're a Tory cunt, hammered. 

Guest Pistonbroke

They were probably road testing her as a potential replacement.

Rudd is not that much better than May, just another lying Tory bitch. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The sharks will be circling already .She will probably still win but she has looked a complete amateur, 

Johnson favourite to be next Tory leader, He would be a gift 

I wouldn't be surprised if May ends up in hospital soon, she looks like someone who isn't enjoying life. Would that be grounds to halt the GE? I wouldn't put nothing past those cunts. 

Guest Pistonbroke

SNP 

Lib Dem

Green

Lab

Wales

Tory

UKIP

is my marking for it 

I thought the audience were good, which will explain why they are being called left wing. 

It was an independent polling company and not the BBC that chose the audience.

Nah, I had it.

SNP

Green/Labour

Lib Dem/Plaid Cymru

Tories

.-

UKIP

Thought Corbyn handed himself well, as did Robertson, Wood, Farron and Lucas. Robertson and Lucas were by far the most comfortable speaking imo, Wood wasn't her usual self though, still did well mind. 

Fair enough, I rated Farron higher because he had a couple of good lines, which I imagine will get shown tomorrow. Wood seemed very subdued for some reason. 

I liked the fact a few of them linked the coalition as Tory - UKIP, as we saw soft lad was to the right of the Tories, hopefully any people who could never bring themselves to vote Tory will now realise voting UKIP is the same. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Fair enough, I rated Farron higher because he had a couple of good lines, which I imagine will get shown tomorrow. Wood seemed very subdued for some reason. 

I liked the fact a few of them linked the coalition as Tory - UKIP, as we saw soft lad was to the right of the Tories, hopefully any people who could never bring themselves to vote Tory will now realise voting UKIP is the same. 

Wood is normally more assured in her answers, she stuttered on more than one occasion. Farron certainly had one or two lines which had me chuckling, he also did quite well in general, rated Corbyn higher as he was asked more awkward questions and rose to them all. 

Spot on in your second sentence.

One point that did piss me off was that at one stage Amder Rudd was digging herself a deep grave and was just about to throw herself into it but that  Misal Husain bird cut her off and went onto the next question. 

The Tories have seen what a cartoon imbecile who will say black is white and get away with it has done in the US.  Johnson is our low rent Trump.  He's a nap. 

The UK electorate are not quite at Trump levels of gullibility ... yet

Farage was the low rent Trump and he's out with the washing these days

Boris Johnson would be brilliant as he's completely incapable of not fucking up , I think Hammond or Rudd would be the likely candidates , the Tory party handlers wouldn't risk fat Boris,

I'm no fan of Farron, but he's spoken well tonight.

Yep, have just been watching some of it again because I missed the start, thought he did well too. His lines about May snooping around outside your house and turning over to Bake Off/making a brew instead of listening to Rudd were also great.

I'd like to see Corbyn's team do a bit of investigative work, find out where May is appearing, and for him to pitch up outside with cameras and challenge her to a snap debate via loudspeaker.

Mind you, she'd probably cry about bullying.

• Upvote 1

Didn't she introduce the show by saying that the audience had been selected to be representative of the electorate?

Yes she did. It wasn't a left wing audience, it's just that the right wingers had nothing to applaud. As has been the case throughout the campaign in fact.

• Upvote 1

Yes she did. It wasn't a left wing audience, it's just that the right wingers had nothing to applaud. As has been the case throughout the campaign in fact.

Or perhaps it's reflective of a significant proportion of the electorate including those who still end up voting Tory being deeply unimpressed by May and her Tories performance throughout the campaign. They genuinely are putting in a true horror show of a campaign.