You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is one of the most frustrating things about the farce that we call "democracy" in this country: millions of people vote as if Prime Minister were a directly-elected post. I'd be happier if we reformed our electoral system so that the head of the Executive branch of government was directly elected; the House of Commons can stay much as it is (but with modernised procedures  - none of this Division Lobby bullshit  - to make it more effective) and the Lords could be replaced by a chamber elected by PR.

There’s quite a few changes that need to be made if we are serious about increasing our democratic freedoms. 

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Sounds like a Coalition of Chaos!

SNP would be demanding a referendum as part of any deal. It might be that going into power with SNP might well be the end of any realistic chance of a Labour government. Perpetual Tory rule is a great prospect, ain’t it. 

2 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

The bit where you typed. 

And the minute anybody actually agrees with your summation, I’ll happily set them straight. You’re having a pop at me for 1) saying he needs to unite people (hint: he does). 2) you’re having a pop for me saying something I didn’t say. 3) you’re using ‘evidence’ of something that hasn’t happened to back it up. It’s a complete concoction. 

I am trying my best not to reply to you in a serious way, because it feels like I’m hitting a cripple, but you keep poking away. Fortunately the only person looking like a dick from it is you because those you seem desperate to convince are both able to read and comprehend what has been written, and have the ability to think for themselves. Stop being a weirdo. 

"Hitting a cripple" 

You really are a first class fucking numpty. How the fuck some people on here put a prick like you on some sort of a pedestal is a question only they can answer. 

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"Hitting a cripple" 

You really are a first class fucking numpty. How the fuck some people on here put a prick like you on some sort of a pedestal is a question only they can answer. 

You’re the one trawling and bumping my posts. I’ve been trying to avoid you. There’s nothing I can do to make you look more wrong than you make yourself look. Nobody puts me on a pedestal but you seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder about that and Corbyn. Making stuff up isn’t going to knock me off this imaginary pedestal. 

15 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

You’re the one trawling and bumping my posts. I’ve been trying to avoid you. There’s nothing I can do to make you look more wrong than you make yourself look. Nobody puts me on a pedestal but you seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder about that and Corbyn. Making stuff up isn’t going to knock me off this imaginary pedestal. 

Yawn. Fuck off.

"The centrist Tory caucus, which led opposition to a hardline no-deal Brexit under Theresa May, is to relaunch this summer with 100 MPs and a blitz of new policies aimed at pulling Boris Johnson away from the hard right of the party.

Policies expected to be backed by the One Nation group over the coming months include a drive to protect aid spending and raising taxes on unearned income."

Just now, Section_31 said:

"The centrist Tory caucus, which led opposition to a hardline no-deal Brexit under Theresa May, is to relaunch this summer with 100 MPs and a blitz of new policies aimed at pulling Boris Johnson away from the hard right of the party.

Policies expected to be backed by the One Nation group over the coming months include a drive to protect aid spending and raising taxes on unearned income."

Sounds like a Numerous wet dream. I wish them well. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sounds like a Numerous wet dream. I wish them well. 

I'm probably clutching at straws but there appear to be distinct factions appearing ever since the Cummings brouhaha. The 'red wall' Tories have got their own whatsapp group on the go trynng to conjure up ways of keeping their seats as they suspect the party at large aren't that arsed. 

A lot of the red wall types are supposed to be pretty lightweight and,  erm, eccentric, due to the fact nobody expected many of them to win. They're like out of work chiropodists and Loch ness monster spotters and shit.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm probably clutching at straws but there appear to be distinct factions appearing ever since the Cummings brouhaha. The 'red wall' Tories have got their own whatsapp group on the go trynng to conjure up ways of keeping their seats as they suspect the party at large aren't that arsed. 

A lot of the red wall types are supposed to be pretty lightweight and,  erm, eccentric, due to the fact nobody expected many of them to win. They're like out of work chiropodists and Loch ness monster spotters and shit.

Hopefully the odd retired assassin has snuck in too 

"We got the ex-UKIP shitbirds from Bolton, right next to the parish council "get off my land" motherfuckers, we got the 1922 committe, right next to the kindle ebooks about eugenics writers. Nobody, is wasting nobody. And that SUCKERS, is a miracle."

cyrus.jpg

• Upvote 1