You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

I wouldn't even say it's people that young either. The amount of people I know in their 30's that have never voted before that are planning to this time around is a bit of an eye opener.

Listening to one of the pollsters last week the issue they're having giving consistent and accurate opinion polls is due to the ongoing historical breakdown of traditional voting blocks (my parents voted Labour so I vote Labour), this has been compounded by Brexit which will lead to highly localised results and most intriguingly of all 2 million newly registered voters (most of whom are young voters). 

I still think there's a fair chance this is going to be another surprise election result with the pollsters generally being some way off. You can get decent odds on a hung parliament at the moment.

Personally I think May will win but with a similar majority as last time, which would be a disaster for her.

There has been a rejigging of boundaries as well hasn't there to make it "fairer" to the Tories?

Also Labour generally needs a reasonably good performance from the Lib Dems to win some seats in the South West off the cons. That doesn't look like happening.

There has been a rejigging of boundaries as well hasn't there to make it "fairer" to the Tories?

Also Labour generally needs a reasonably good performance from the Lib Dems to win some seats in the South West off the cons. That doesn't look like happening.

The Greens have easily been outperforming them in Bristol.

My concern is that Brexit and immigration are the two biggest issues in the minds of a majority of the electorate and most people see the Tories being closer to their line of thinking on these two issues.

I agree with LF in that I think Labours vote will increase but it won't be enough to stop the Tories getting a majority. A lot of Labours new voters will come from areas that are cosmopolitan and where they are already strong. I'm still seeing on the telly older voters from the north and midlands saying they have always voted Labour but will be voting Tory this time and this really concerns me. I'm expecting the Tories to win with a majority of about 50.

Registering to vote whilst sitting at home is one thing, going out on the day is another. The outcome could be decided by the weather on the day.

We always used to hope for poor weather, rain suppressed the Labour turnout.

Can someone please lock Lifetime Fan and Bobby Hundreds in a cupboard, the negative bastards. Always with them negative waves, baby. Let them out to vote next Thursday.

Anyway, on a more positive note, this guy must be the best-named candidate ever. Make him PM, I say.

NN3LPdq.jpg

The boundary change hasn't happened yet

Think it's 2019

Can someone please lock Lifetime Fan and Bobby Hundreds in a cupboard, the negative bastards. Always with them negative waves, baby. Let them out to vote next Thursday.

Don't do it to yourself mate.

You can't see a single poster for the tories in Bristol, everything is labour or green, greens have even stopped campaigning in Bristol North West (my constituency) as the labour candidate is very pro europe and they know they're costing labour votes.

I still expect that cunt Charlotte Leslie to win the seat by at least 3,000 votes. 

]

I began the campaign feeling very nervous about and for Corbyn and how he would come across but he's played an absolutely blinder.

Maybe I need to keep hearing from the negative nancies to keep my feet firmly in the clay

Don't do it to yourself mate.

You can't see a single poster for the tories in Bristol, everything is labour or green, greens have even stopped campaigning in Bristol North West (my constituency) as the labour candidate is very pro europe and they know they're costing labour votes.

I still expect that cunt Charlotte Leslie to win the seat by at least 3,000 votes. 

Yougov has a Lab lead in BristolNW of 47 to 43

Tight but doable

You've got to hope

Yougov has a Lab lead in BristolNW of 47 to 43

Tight but doable

You've got to hope

It's looking tight, but they'll still win comfortably. It's why the greens have stopped campaigning to try and help labour.

As I said there's not a single tory poster anywhere, but then there wasn't the last time and she still had a near 5k majority.

I was a JC sceptic.

Not that I ever doubted his politics and honesty I thought he was an electoral liability.

I always thought he was great if a bit right wing for my tastes.

I'm watching him now on BBC and have to eat my words. He is playing a blinder. His tie is almost straight as well.

Not only are his policies bang on the money, his presentation and passion is abundantly evident. He is highly visible, appearing on all manner of forums, many of which I thought would either ruin him or he would fold.

Keep it going pal.

• Upvote 4