You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

I've long suspected that the level of climate change denial in the Tory party isn't far off that in the Republican Party. The only real difference is that it's not politically acceptable to make those views public here.

I don't think it's climate change denial with either party, they just don't care, money money money.

Yeah I think that's it as well. I used to think that as thier children/grandchildren would obviously suffer the same fate as less fortunate children they must be misguided.

A girl I used to know worked in a posh boarding school and a lot of the parents would apparently ask if the school could keep their kids over the summer/xmas holidays, I told her how awful, and she used to say i'd understand a bit more why they cant stand the sighr of them if I spent ten minutes with the obnoxious little brats.

Pop star Sting was rightly ridiculed for his song 'I wonder if the Russians love their children too? However he probably wouldn't have been laughed at if he'd have tinkerd a little and changed the title to "no wonder tory toffs hate their children so send then to a zoo"

An opportunity missed by Sting from which his career has never really recovered.

Guest Pistonbroke

Independent saying an inside Tory source saying that they are expecting to fall behind labour in the opinion polls this week. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Saw that report earlier but don't really believe it.

I reckon the Tories are just looking to project an upside if the gap closes further.

Going by the polls the gap has being closing steadily since May released the Tory cunts manifesto. Plus due to the poor results of polls over the last few years they have changed the criteria on how these polls are held/viewed. A lot of people have been made aware of the Tory bullshit mate, plus May and her team have had a disaster in their campaign so far.  

I may be in a minority here, but I've always thought Paxman to be an over rated interviewer. People mistake outright belligerence for probing questions and when he doesn't get the answer he wants, he resorts to bullshit anecdotal evidence.

You've pretty much just got to return the serve against him. He should make May look shite though.

Guest Pistonbroke

Paxman getting on my tits won't listen to the answer before he launches into another question

Have the Tories staged this to make Corbyn look good? Paxman is fucking dreadful.