You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chase for the top 4

Lee909

Yeah but that's not going to happen. If it does well so be it... I'm more concerned with what we do and I do mean I'm concerned! Four wins would be enough, I'll eat my hat if it isn't

Hope you are right, hope we do

Sadly i wouldn't put a penny on us doing it

I can see Man Utd dropping points at Man City, Arsenal and Spurs. I think Palace will roll over for them, unfortunately, and they will grind it out at Southampton and beat Swansea. If they draw three they finish on 75 points and we can do it with three wins and a draw.

Mind you, it's touch and go, as I didn't expect them to beat Chelsea and they look to have the bit between their teeth.

Sometimes you hope that good can come from the terrible. If today highlighted to a top manager like jurgen that lovren is a very poor defender, then it is a victory in the long run. I can see why he rates Matip but an isis suicide bomber brings more calm than lovren.

I mean Mignolet (who is playing well to be fair) always had parts to his game that i could see positives in,but lovren is tragically bad. What makes it most baffling is he saves his worst for the shite teams.

I hate picking on players. Lovren seems a decent lad,but jesus if he starts next season,he'll add 20 years to me.

Sometimes you hope that good can come from the terrible. If today highlighted to a top manager like jurgen that lovren is a very poor defender, then it is a victory in the long run. I can see why he rates Matip but an isis suicide bomber brings more calm than lovren.

I mean Mignolet (who is playing well to be fair) always had parts to his game that i could see positives in,but lovren is tragically bad. What makes it most baffling is he saves his worst for the shite teams.

I hate picking on players. Lovren seems a decent lad,but jesus if he starts next season,he'll add 20 years to me.

If he needed today to highlight how shit Lovren is I'd question him being a top manager.

Lovren was shit before our previous no mark cretin of a manager bought him. Nothing has changed in Lovren's time here baring him costing us more points since Klopp's appointment.

Not even arsed about it tbh. It'd be a huge overachievement. We'd fall straight back out of it next season when the big clubs go out and sign top class players, whilst the owners make bullshit excuses about trying and money being available if the player is right.

Throw in the fact the fanbase are stupid enough to turn on Klopp rather than them once normal service is resumed and we'd be set even further back yet again.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

I think that shitshow yesterday has pretty much ended our aspirations of finishing third and it's left it touch and go for fourth. The best we can hope for out of the Manchester derby on Thursday is a City win just to keep United at bay. A United win would be absolutely catastrophic and even a draw would leave us in a vulnerable spot, as they'd both still be overtaking us by winning their game in hand.

Looking at the remaining fixtures of ourselves and those in the race and given the fact that our opponents will take points off one another, I'm of the opinion that 75 will be enough; three wins from the remaining four.

That Watford game next Monday is looking pivotal to our aspirations, however. Given that we play after our opponents and will obviously know how they get on at the weekend, a bad set of results really puts the pressure on and we know how that usually plays with these gutless shithouses. A victory though, coupled with a defeat for United on Thursday, hands us back the initiative. While Mourinho has made a career of grinding out draws from tough places, the onus would be on them to go to both the Emirates and White Hart Lane and win. A win next Monday would really set us up for the final push, while a defeat could see those soppy bastards begin to feel sorry for themselves and would give them all the excuse they need to jack the season in. If we were to lose, I really couldn't see us winning the next three to take us to 75.

Just fucking get it done, reds. Four from four to make sure.

To be honest lads,as we are we ain't good enough for the champions league.Four or five top first team players and we might stand a chance.I can't see that happening somehow.The bar is being lowered year in year out and the great Liverpool legend more and more diminished.

I'd be very surprised if 75 doesn't get it. The most Arsenal can get is 78, the most United can get is 81. Both still have to play each other so that's one or both dropping points. Factoring in that United also have City and Spurs to play, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that points will be dropped there Fact is, both of those sides are as flakey as us and have mad results in them. While they've been impressive away and unbeaten since November (I think), United have been awful at home. Again, I'd be very surprised if either team doesn't have one more dropped bollock in them to a team outside of the top 6-7.

No doubt it's going to be tight though. Yesterday's result has royally fucked it up from being in our own hands.

I'd be very surprised if 75 doesn't get it. The most Arsenal can get is 78, the most United can get is 81. Both still have to play each other so that's one or both dropping points. Factoring in that United also have City and Spurs to play, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that points will be dropped there Fact is, both of those sides are as flakey as us and have mad results in them. While they've been impressive away and unbeaten since November (I think), United have been awful at home. Again, I'd be very surprised if either team doesn't have one more dropped bollock in them to a team outside of the top 6-7.

No doubt it's going to be tight though. Yesterday's result has royally fucked it up from being in our own hands.

say city and utd draw can you really see either dropping pts in 2 or even 3 more games (which is what may need to happen) for 75 to be enough?

78 i'd say we are in or would very unlucky not to be in with but that of course means asking this team to win 4 games on spin under pressure....how likely?...

I think 76 will do it. I said that a while ago but obviously it's just guesswork. I'm expecting Man Utd to drop six points between now and the end of the season with draws against Man City, Arsenal and Spurs. That will give them 75. They may do better than that though, as I wasn't expecting them to beat Chelsea, and they look to have the bit between their teeth. But their injuries and their own young players can be inconsistent, so points will be dropped.

Three wins and a draw for us will give us 76 and I think that will be enough. 78 would be better, but I'm not sure we can trust this team to get four wins on the bounce.

It's tight, and I'm guessing, and hoping, but I still think we will do it.

As I said, an tha, I think aspirations we had of third are gone after yesterday, so I wouldn't include City in the mix. For me, it's about finishing above both Arsenal and United now.

If, as you've posed there, the Manchester derby ends in a draw, I could still see them dropping more points elsewhere. Spurs and Arsenal away are the obvious tough games, but Southampton away is one that could be iffy. I'd be very surprised if they go the rest of the season unbeaten, let alone winning every game from here on in.

Again, as I said, I think a City win on Thursday is the best result for us and at least puts it back in our hands, goal difference permitting of course.

It's always Palace isn't it? I just don't get how we keep losing to them at important times.

I know the hope kills us but I still keeping hoping we do it so we can attract some quality players. It's a viscious circle.

Just hope City beat the mancs but I can see them blowing it, we'll see.

As I said, an tha, I think aspirations we had of third are gone after yesterday, so I wouldn't include City in the mix. For me, it's about finishing above both Arsenal and United now.

If, as you've posed there, the Manchester derby ends in a draw, I could still see them dropping more points elsewhere. Spurs and Arsenal away are the obvious tough games, but Southampton away is one that could be iffy. I'd be very surprised if they go the rest of the season unbeaten, let alone winning every game from here on in.

Again, as I said, I think a City win on Thursday is the best result for us and at least puts it back in our hands, goal difference permitting of course.

agree city winning thurs would be best and that 3rd has almost certainly gone now...

city can afford to lose to man utd and still get to 79 or even lose two games and still get 76 so yeah its a 2/3 horse race for 4th with us, man utd and arsenal.

just hope man utd are finally gonna get the defeats they are due (surely they aren't a team who are gonna go more or less 30 games unbeaten!) and arsenal don't suddenly decide to go on a run.

oh and we don't fuck up in true lfc fashion....

agree city winning thurs would be best and that 3rd has almost certainly gone now...

city can afford to lose to man utd and still get to 79 or even lose two games and still get 76 so yeah its a 2/3 horse race for 4th with us, man utd and arsenal.

just hope man utd are finally gonna get the defeats they are due (surely they aren't a team who are gonna go more or less 30 games unbeaten!) and arsenal don't suddenly decide to go on a run.

oh and we don't fuck up in true lfc fashion....

Easy then!

Between Sturridge, Ings, Origi they have made 16 starts this season.

Joe Gomez has made 5 PL starts in two seasons, and he was supposed to be our rising star at centre back.

Our other promising talents in Ejaria, Ojo, Grujic have made 5 PL 'appearances' this season.

Apparently we're knackered and our top two players for appearances have been Clyne and Firmino with 35 starts this season in all competitions.  However, Kante, Hazard and Costa have all made over 32 starts this season, and don't look shit and tired.  In fact, they're in the FA Cup final and about to win the league.

Our injuries have been shocking.  Not an excuse, but at what point is it bad luck and not just poor training methods?

So, between Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Gomez, Ejaria, Ojo, Grujic there has been 21 PL starts.

If we try to compare that to United with: Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial, Smalling, Young, (and that's being generous by not trying to find comparitors for Ejaria and Grujic) there has been 71 PL starts.

We could have almost sealed it yesterday, there was champions league football up for grabs, and they couldn't raise their game on the hour mark, never mind go on and win it. I just can't comprehend that. 

For that reason I think we'll drop out of it.