You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chase for the top 4

Lee909

Do your self a favour. Forget about top 4.

Absolutely, if it happens now it will be an unexpected surprise. As things stand, that result today leaves a tall hill with a football team laden with players wondering where they're spending their fortunes over the summer holidays.

And hopefully a lot of these players will be wondering where they will be playing next season.

4 games left, I'm expecting two wins, a draw and a loss. That'd put us on 73 points and either narrowly missing out or nabbing fourth on goal difference.

Klopp gambled with this squad, and like all gambles we may need a healthy dose of luck.

Utd still have to play City, Arsenal and Spurs away, whilst Arsenal have Spurs away and Utd at home. I still expect Utd to drop points, but Arsenal tend to rally at the right time and pinch fourth.

Honestly, I don't think we'll do it. We've been a bit shit for a while, only really turning up for the big games. Even the recent wins have seen us riding our luck.

I still think Klopp will pull it out and get us 4th. We don't have to be great to finish 4th, we just have to be less bad than one of them, which I think we're well capable of.

The manc clubs aren't bad though are they?

We keep calling them so but one of them hasn't lost in the league since october and the other would go 4 ahead of us if win their two games in hand.

Both also routinely batter the shite we keep losing to...after man utd city play middlesbrough, palace, leicester, west brom, watford....next to no problems there for them.

• Upvote 1

I still think Klopp will pull it out and get us 4th. We don't have to be great to finish 4th, we just have to be less bad than one of them, which I think we're well capable of.

I's not Klopp that is going to deliver top four. It's the players' job.

In Klopp I trust. In the players I don't.

This is fucking disgraceful

Results against teams 12-20

Liverpool 1–2 Crystal Palace

Liverpool 2–2 Bournemouth

Leicester City 3–1 Liverpool

Liverpool 2–3 Swansea City

Hull City 2–0 Liverpool

Sunderland 2–2 Liverpool

Bournemouth 4–3 Liverpool

Liverpool 2–2 West Ham

Burnley 2–0 Liverpool

24pts dropped in 9 games against the bottom half

This is fucking disgraceful

Results against teams 12-20

Liverpool 1–2 Crystal Palace

Liverpool 2–2 Bournemouth

Leicester City 3–1 Liverpool

Liverpool 2–3 Swansea City

Hull City 2–0 Liverpool

Sunderland 2–2 Liverpool

Bournemouth 4–3 Liverpool

Liverpool 2–2 West Ham

Burnley 2–0 Liverpool

24pts dropped in 9 games against the bottom half

We have coughed up 26 pts to the teams outside the top 6.

Chelsea and Spurs have coughed up less than 10 to the same.

• Upvote 1

Top 4 is gone. United are hard to beat and rarely lose to shite opponents. Our remaining games are mostly substandard teams and we know how we struggle against them. United are going to rub salt in the wounds by beating us to the top 4 and winning the Europa league, just to make extra sure they qualify for next seasons CL. The fuckers. 

4 wins and we finish we 78 points. That will probably be enough for top four. But can we trust this team to deliver four wins on the bounce? Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. 3 wins and a draw and it's 76 points and touch and go for top four, but I still think that might be enough.

If Man Utd win all their remaining games they finish on 81 points. I can't see them doing that. They have Man City away, Swansea at home, Arsenal away, Spurs away, Southampton away and Palace at home. Even if they manage to keep their unbeaten league run going, I can see them dropping 6 points in those league games. They also have two legs of a Europa tie to navigate in there.

Three wins and a draw and I still think we will finish fourth, but it's touch and go, and the most frustrating thing is it's currently out of our hands.

And when you consider the injuries United have and all their games including 120 minutes three days ago, and they can still put out a decent side today while we're bringing on TAA and Grujic with about 500 minutes of Premier league experience between them

Difference between investing in a squad year on year and making profits in windows

We'll definitely get there if we win all our games, but chances of that happening are pretty remote. Luckily most of the teams we have left haven't much to play for but obviously you couldn't trust this side to make you a cup of tea let alone win four games on the bounce when they really need to.

Sadly even winning all 4 might not be enough - and it is our terrible record against the shite sides yet again that will be the reason we fall short if we do.