You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chase for the top 4

Lee909

ManCity and Arsenal both play their game in hand tonight. If one of them wins and the other looses who would you like to see as the looser?

Arsenal, meaning we'll be at least 4th no matter what happens against Boro., But 3rd will be unlikely

ManCity, meaning we'll be 3rd if we win against Boro, but we might not even be 4th if we don't

I think both of those games are gimmes so won't even check the scores until 10 pm.

I have a bet on Arsenal for top 4 ( £25 at 11/2 ) which originally was to pay for my slide into an alcohol-based oblivion if we messed the CL up, but if we came 3rd and them 4th that would be ideal.

ManCity and Arsenal both play their game in hand tonight. If one of them wins and the other looses who would you like to see as the looser?

Arsenal, meaning we'll be at least 4th no matter what happens against Boro., But 3rd will be unlikely

ManCity, meaning we'll be 3rd if we win against Boro, but we might not even be 4th if we don't

Harder choice than the one that girl Sophie had to make.

Where we are positioned on Sunday is more important than where we are positioned tomorrow.

For that reason, what the other two teams do is irrelevant. It's what we do on Sunday that matters.

Anything less than a win on Sunday against Boro is not good enough given the standard of our players and their position in the League.

Liverpool win equals qualify. Anything else is a bonus.

I'd take City losing. Essentially then we have a final game for automatic qualification instead of one for a play off

Arsenal will destroy Sunderland , so many things in their favour, no pressure, it's Sunderland and the main one it's Moyes....He could even surpass the 7-1 from 2005.

The only chance West Brom have is if they get to half time level then professional pride kicks in and they'll try and hang on for the draw. Which is what happened to us against Southampton, who weren't that arsed first half but then defended like their lives depended on it in the second . 

If you score a couple early against teams with nothing to play for they tend to roll over.

I remember watching interviews after the first round of the British Open one year where the interviewer asked Greg Norman and Nick Faldo, both in their pomp, whether they paid attention to the leaderboard. The former said he did his own thing, the latter said he kept tabs on it. And that is one of the many reasons why the former won 'only' two major championships and had a string of hard-luck stories while the latter won six majors, including (if memory serves me correct) that event and on one occasion mowing Norman down at Augusta in the final round like so much roadkill. Anyone who says there is nothing of interest tonight for Liverpool is kidding themselves.

There's still a chance of a play off, quite remote with City although it exists if we win 3-0 and City draw 3-3 then there would be a play off for 3rd.

If we lost 0-2 and Arsenal drew 1-1 we would have to play off with Arsenal for 4th. Given the Everton players are as fucking bitter as their fans that is remote too as they'll allow Arsenal to score as many goals as they need. To be fair the bitters haven't won away to Arsenal since Jan 1996 so a win would be surprising anyway. 

The Premier League have already selected dates for these potential play off games and we would not be going to Sydney with the first team if this happens. 

Whatever happened to winning the league,4th is the new 1st how far have we fallen,sad really.

We cannot win the League Sunday. We can qualify for the CL and, in the process, make ourselves more attractive to players who may assist us in a push for the league next season.

Let's focus on that for now.

Whatever happened to winning the league,4th is the new 1st how far have we fallen,sad really.

It's the long game for us. If we finish 4th this season then it signals real progress to me. You can go back across all the games and argue that we were only a penalty Miss away from 3rd. It's about little steps. Just hope we have the squad going into CL otherwise we will t finish 4th next season with all the games

That's an easy statement to say but it's more complex than that. many of us have been well aware how far we have fallen for well over 20 years now.

The ability of oil rich and Oligarch run clubs to replenish world class players, outgun teams on wages, paint over transfer mistakes as well as apparently being located in fashionable cities, all help. 

Years of mismanagement haven't helped us, we've simply failed to take advantage of the commercial side while we laughed at the mancs for being a PLC they were setting the foundations for being a club able to spend big on players. They increased their stadium size while we messed about. At this point I have to say that we share as much blame as fans for not wanting to embrace the commercial side years ago, I mean just look at the reaction to a fucking scoreboard at Anfield, never mind anything else. 

We simply cannot match the level of spending of the (as I like to call them) cheating clubs because world class players these days want what young people want, instant success. Add to that greedy agents and very little of it favours us. 

Who the hell would have wanted to go to Man City before they won the lottery? That we are able to get close to breaking the monopoly on the top four is some success in these modern times as sad as that sounds to older fans.

So rather than bitch about how football has changed over 30 years (because it is never going back to the times we loved it) how about seeing this time under Klopp as an opportunity to break into that pack and see where that takes us. 

I haven't really touched on how much cancer and aids fucked us under their ownership, about as much as years under Moores did I guess, they were not the same but they fucked the club in their own ways. It still amazes me how well Rafa did under that regime but I don't really want to go there as it brings out the tards. Oh and Chelsea, a shit stain on football, that's all I can say about that bunch of twats.

• Upvote 3