You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chase for the top 4

Lee909

Our home record is poor and it undermines our prospects. Teams come and sit in, and we can't break them down. With our best eleven firing we can, but football doesn't work like that, and you need a squad. Make a few changes and we look short of ideas.

I still think we will finish top four, but it will go to the last game of the season when we really should have had at least third sewn up this season.

Mark Hughes can't stand Arsene Wenger, so hopefully Stoke will get stuck in and show they can play a bit these days. And hopefully Southampton do well, but sometimes football is a bit like boxing and match ups make fights, and for whatever reason, Southampton are not a good match up for us right now but I don't think they will be a problem for Arsenal.

Here's the updated chart of probability of finishes based on results in our last 2 (again not my work, all credit goes to @basstunedtored off twitter):

C_PggSMXoAEoAZc.jpg

So despite all the drama surrounding our inability to score yesterday, Arsenal's win means that even 2 more draws still leaves us with a 64.3% chance of CL qualification.

Even one win will almost certainly do it, the main thing to happen from this weekend's results is that we now need 2 wins from 2 to have much of a chance for 3rd.

I think we will end on 73 personally, lose at West Ham and win against Boro, I hope we beat the Ammers but can see Carrol reveling in scoring a soaring header against us.. someone tell me he is injured and out!

I think we will end on 73 personally, lose at West Ham and win against Boro, I hope we beat the Ammers but can see Carrol reveling in scoring a soaring header against us.. someone tell me he is injured and out!

Looks to be alright.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Totally dreading next week if Arsenal win their next two games before we play...

And if we do fail to beat the Hammers then whatever you do don't go the pub to watch the Boro match hoping for a miracle as Arsenals last game is Everton...

Salt, wounds, rub....

I still think we'll all drop points.

Arsenal were always the ones likely to finish strong. Hopefully their cup final plays into how Wenger manages the squad and they slip up.

Can't see Cup Final having any impact on their team selections at all whilst they are still in top 4 race

Can't see Cup Final having any impact on their team selections at all whilst they are still in top 4 race

I'm not expecting him to field a second eleven, but including the final, they'll be playing five games in 17 days. If anyone picks up a knock, he'll have to work around that and he won't want to get bummed at Wembley in a game lots of fans want to be his last. 

I'm not expecting him to field a second eleven, but including the final, they'll be playing five games in 17 days. If anyone picks up a knock, he'll have to work around that and he won't want to get bummed at Wembley in a game lots of fans want to be his last.

Fair do's

If it turns out that we need to beat just relegated Boro at home to clinch a top 4 spot and we were to fail to beat them then it would be an extreme shitting the bed job even for us and we would quite rightly deserve fuck all from the season.

• Upvote 2

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we beat West Ham and then slipped up against Boro. Would be absolutely typical of this team of ours.

Boro will not be an issue. You can invent all sorts of convoluted reasons why they might want to go out in style or they have one or two decent players that want a shop window but fact is they are fucking shit and relegated, They might put up a token fight for 15 minutes but if we are fired up then we will win easily. Sunday's game decides whether we make top 4 or not.

• Upvote 1

Just had a kidding meself moment - when I looked at who Watford have left to play after the shite away tonight - which is Chelsea away, then City at home and for a moment there I thought, what if they go into their last game needing something to stay up, what if........... 

Then I told meself to stop being a bell and accept they'll win tonight to ensure safety. Booooooooooo