You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chase for the top 4

Lee909

We've fucked up. Arsenal are on a roll and will win their remaining games. Can't say the same for us. All we had to do was get 6 points at home to fucking Palace and Southampton and we only got 1. If we lose out to 4th place to Arsenal considering the positions we were a few matches ago it would be a disgrace.

We've fucked up. Arsenal are on a roll and will win their remaining games. Can't say the same for us. All we had to do was get 6 points at home to fucking Palace and Southampton and we only got 1. If we lose out to 4th place to Arsenal considering the positions we were a few matches ago it would be a disgrace.

Would need to be a fucking inquest on that one of which the net result should be "Buy good fucking players for fucking once"

I'm resigned to us being in the Europa League now. Arsenal will pip us and even if we got 4th I think we'd struggle in the qualifiers.

An absolutely disgraceful collapse given we were top of the bloody league on New Year's Eve. No way we should be in a position where a place in the top 3 - never mind the top 4 - is still in doubt with 2 games left.

We're going to fuck it up, be the only team in the top six without CL and fail to get any decent players in the summer.

It's all shit

We could make the CL and we'd still struggle o get anyone decent in. We'll be left with our dicks in our hands once again as Chelsea, City & Utd hoover up all the talent. All the names that are being bandied about, Dembele, Brandt, Keita etc, will end up at one of the three clubs above, if they don't they'll be snapped up by Dortmund/Spurs/Arse while we sit around haggling over add-ons.

I'm resigned to us being in the Europa League now. Arsenal will pip us and even if we got 4th I think we'd struggle in the qualifiers.

An absolutely disgraceful collapse given we were top of the bloody league on New Year's Eve. No way we should be in a position where a place in the top 3 - never mind the top 4 - is still in doubt with 2 games left.

We weren't top of the league on New Year's Eve, we were 6 points behind Chelsea in 2nd but I agree with your general view of the second half of this season. It's been atrocious. So far we have 27 points from the 17 league games in 2017, that's a point less than we'd got from the same games last season but then we had to play an extra 8 Europa League ties and a League Cup final and were reduced to starting Stewart and Chirivella in the league. Considering the different circumstances the second half of this season has been a disaster, we have utterly failed to take any advantage of the free weeks' preparation time we've had at all.

I hope you're wrong about the Europa League but our form this year would suggest that's where we're going to end up. I find it difficult to make a case that there's been any real progress this season overall. We might have a few more points in the league but considering the advantages Klopp has had we should have done a lot better.

• Upvote 1

At the beginning of the season we knew that no way would a paper thin squad last a full season playing Klopp's football. In January we were pleased with progress but still knew that unless we added depth to the squad, we would fade. Now we are going to fail in the cruellest way possible.

Klopp must be thinking of heading off if he can't get the funds for a decent squad next year

At the beginning of the season we knew that no way would a paper thin squad last a full season playing Klopp's football. In January we were pleased with progress but still knew that unless we added depth to the squad, we would fade. Now we are going to fail in the cruellest way possible.

Klopp must be thinking of heading off if he can't get the funds for a decent squad next year

I hope this was meant to jinx us towards a good result today, because otherwise it's complete, overly negative crap. 

Arsenal fans must be screamin' fam, they could have got top four if we lost today, blud. Arsene should have made sure West Ham won, fam. Instead Liverpool won and now they just have to beat Boro, blud.

Simple now. Champions league qualifier or drop points to every relegated side. If it's the latter then we don't deserve it anyway. The qualifier is going to be nerve wrecking.

We're going to need huge investment not to go backwards next season.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk