You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elton John (he is still alive)

Bjornebye

He was producing great music in the early to mid 70s, has been utter dogshit ever since.

Benny and the Jets always makes me smile, my missus had it on our wedding playlist and it brings back happy memories.

Once dreamt I was at an Elton John house party, where he was holding court and boasting about his talent.  He demonstrated how he was a one man band, by playing piano and singing while having drumsticks sellotaped to his elbows, which lashed the drum kit behind him whenever he pressed a key.  He kept gnashing his teeth and hissing "I'm a fucking musical genius".

I went round that house and shit in every last sink in the place, then the dream ended.

One of the only dreams I can ever remember.  Pushed David Moyes down a mountain in pretty much the only other one.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Was a very good artist back in the day. These days he is well past his best and his voice has gone, certainly in comparison to watching that clip, but then on the other hand, he keeps doing live shows and people keep turning up, so fair play. 

It seems to me that he's a bit of an industry now. Shows. Money. Shows. Money. And it's been that way for many years. He has the name but critically speaking, I don't think there's been anything much to write home about on the musical front for many years. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Agree with this. His early work is good. Then he went all cocked. Hate the Disney shite he does.

He also put in loads of effort to get a Knighthood rather than doing good deeds for the less fortunate, he ain't alone in that though. I remember reading about him paying a fortune to have some Tram delivered to the Uk from Australia because he liked it, got all arsey about it too. Fuck him, the weird twat. 

Never been a fan of his music but when I've seen him doing interviews he's always come across as a decent fella and quite funny too. That tantrum he threw at the airport that was caught on camera didn't do him any favours like but show me one person who hasn't threw a hissy fit at an airport and I'll show you a well balanced individual.

He's also a genuine lifelong Watford fan and probably still cuts a few stripes for himself and his mates after the match so live and let live to the bummer.

• Downvote 1