You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crappest non Liverpool game you have ever attended.

Bjornebye

I've only ever been to one non Liverpool game, the Joan Gamper friendly game at the Nou Camp in 2009 (I think). Barcelona v Inter Milan.

Barcelona snotted them. Think it was 5-1.

So, while it was a decent game, it was technically the worst non Liverpool one I've been to. On a side note, the Nou Camp is boss inside, but I expected a better atmosphere based on the capacity and it being a full house.

I remember being at the Oval one night about 20 years ago watching Glentoran in either a semi final or final or some minor cup, it was absolutely pissing down the whole time and there was no cover for standing. Can't remember the score or anything but my main memory is my mate who wore glasses and who can't see without them basically stood there for 2 hours getting absolutely soaked and couldn't even see any of the match. 

Easy one this, went to the Runcorn v Woking FA Trophy final at Wembly in 1994 with 2 of my mates. shite game Runcorn lost.

Afterwards when walking back to the car with my mates, we get jumped by a load of Woking fans in Man United tops, we get a few digs in but 9 v 3 aren't great odds. Got my ribs broke and pretty much fucked my knee up, which has never been right since.

Bristol City V Millwall about 1992, finished 0-0.

I'd been badgering my old fella to take me to a game for months as I wanted to see Jacky Dziekanowski play and he finally gave in.

Can't remember a shot on target for either side, played on a spud field, I've seen milk turn quicker than most of the players and as there was a shitload of coppers separating the Millwall and City fans, the City fans started to fight between themselves and were throwing 2 pence peices they had filed down the edges off at each other.

We left 10 minutes before the end of the game and as we're coming out the ground my ol fella turns to me and says; that's why I'm a Leeds fan, football in this city is shit and always will be.

25 years later and he was dead right.

I went to Runcorn home match,probably in the mid to late 90s and they beat somebody 2-0. I only went because they were handing out tickets at my kids school so I took my two lads. I also had a spare ticket and just gave it somebody randomly outside the ground and he was so happy I thought he was going to kiss me! I also went to another Runcorn game back in the 1970s and it was semi final with a place at Wembley at stake. It was played on the same day as the Grand National and we'd played Everton in the derby in the morning,it was either a draw or we beat the blueshite. Anyway this Runcorn v Stafford game was absolutely packed and there was murder before during and after the match. My Uncle took me and sat me on this fence so I could see the game but I was more interested in the brick throwing going on on the opposite side of the fence. Think it finished 0-0 and Runcorn lost 1-0 on aggregate or something. Might have been a record attendance for them too. I sort of knew one or two of the Runcorn players back then,Barry Whitbread,father of Zack,was in the line up that day too.

Saudi Arabia vs Denmark (World Cup 98)

Terrible match made worse by the fact i was going to the World Cup, only to find outi was not going to watch Zidane or Ronaldo but Saudi Arabia

Can't grumble too much. You got to watch Michael Laudrup play didn't you?

I have to visit Russia a few times a year for work and a Russian colleague took me to a Dynamo Moscow v Krasnodar game, crappy half empty stadium, freezing cold and terrible quality of football.  It was so bad Andre Voronin came on and looked good.....

The Blue Nose who used to live opposite me was a Cowdenbeath season ticket holder.  It used to cost him about 80 quid a year or something daft.  He had it for 20 years.

He'd go up for one game a year with his lad who was also a season ticket holder.

They treated them like royalty up there, and one game they came home with the centre circle in a bag which the chairman had dug up and put in a plastic bag for a souvenir present.

The Blue Nose who used to live opposite me was a Cowdenbeath season ticket holder. It used to cost him about 80 quid a year or something daft. He had it for 20 years.

He'd go up for one game a year with his lad who was also a season ticket holder.

They treated them like royalty up there, and one game they came home with the centre circle in a bag which the chairman had dug up and put in a plastic bag for a souvenir present.

Nil Satis non kick off spot.

Runcorn v Southport at Canal Street.

At one point one of the Runcorn players took a throw in up the line, which didn't actually cross the line. So the referee made him take it again and he did the same again. So the referee made him take it a third time. Again the ball did not cross the line, but somebody hooked it in to play with his foot and the referee allowed play to go on, judging (probably quite rightly) that we would be there all night waiting for this numpty to take a proper throw in.

Runcorn v Southport at Canal Street.

At one point one of the Runcorn players took a throw in up the line, which didn't actually cross the line. So the referee made him take it again and he did the same again. So the referee made him take it a third time. Again the ball did not cross the line, but somebody hooked it in to play with his foot and the referee allowed play to go on, judging (probably quite rightly) that we would be there all night waiting for this numpty to take a proper throw in.

Was that an FA cup game that made it onto MOTD? Southport won 3-0 or something like that? I was at that game and all you could hear was the "same old scousers, always cheating" chant. I'm still none the wiser as to which set of fans were singing it.

Was that an FA cup game that made it onto MOTD? Southport won 3-0 or something like that? I was at that game and all you could hear was the "same old scousers, always cheating" chant. I'm still none the wiser as to which set of fans were singing it.

I just remember the Runcorn fans singing "Widnes stinks of shit" - which goes to prove Blackadder's theory about how everyone lashes out downwards: Prince George shouts at Blackadder, Blackadder kicks the cat, the cat chases the mouse and the mouse bites Baldrick.
  • Upvote 1