You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grand National 2017/Aintree meeting

I like a bet meself, don't get me wrong but the two festivals, Cheltenham/Aintree are as bad as fucking Christmas in the alehouse. Fuckers coming in and taking over half the boozer with their stupid little picknics, screaming at the telly like the horses can fucking hear their desperation for their 50p EW to get over the line.

Go to the course you sad cunts!

How do I make sure I get the odds on offer in store when I place the bet rather than the starting price?

Had 0 0 Seven each way, but only paid out at 12/1 rather than 20/1.

You should have written 20/1 on the slip when you placed the bet.

It's much better to do it online. That way you'll get the odds from the time you placed the bet and if it drifts further out you'll get paid at those odds instead.

• Upvote 1

You should have written 20/1 on the slip when you placed the bet.

How does that work then? What happens when I write the odds on the slip, then they change before I get to the counter?

It's much better to do it online. That way you'll get the odds from the time you placed the bet and if it drifts further out you'll get paid at those odds instead.

Not an option when I'm in work unfortunately. Anyway it doesn't feel like real money when it's just numbers on a computer screen. Might as well be playing Football Manager or fucking around in Excel for all the enjoyment winning online gives you.

National Horses on with Bet365.

I've done FIVE. Ha.

Ended up taking slightly shorter odds and going for the 6 places market.

I've done, in descending order of stakes and fancy Saphir Du Rheu, One For Arthur, Thunder And Roses, Saint Are and Vicente.

Make that 6. Done Dr. Harper too as my mate posted a .gif with all the runners being jumbled dead fast and you pause it for your random pick. Did it a few times and got Dr. Harper a good few times.

Bets on, clicked "refresh balance" and half my stake was refunded instantly, as wthdrawable cash, under the Bet365 offer.

I've also done a silly bet of a Lucky 31 for every number 8 horse, apart from in the National and the small field race with no number 8.

Footie/Liverpool related name patent on too of Duke Street, Supasundae and Definitely Red.

Stronts, if the odds change as you go the counter, they'll cross out the 20's (for arguments sake) and offer you the price your selection is at the time you place your bet (say 18s, as it probably won't shorten in price that much in such a short time).

Once you've took the price, if money still comes in and it starts the race at much shorter odds (say 10s) by "taking a price" you'll still get the 18s in this hypothetical scenario.

But, if the price went all the way out to 33/1, you'd probably still get 18s, unless the bookie runs a best price guaranteed type promotion/offer.

• Upvote 1

Definitely backing Vicente. It's (almost) her surname, and the green and yellow colours match those of her f**tb*ll team. Would have backed it anyway, but that's "her" horse now.

I am also in the hunt for some online betting offers. Used to be loads of those knocking around.

Stronts, if the odds change as you go the counter, they'll cross out the 20's (for arguments sake) and offer you the price your selection is at the time you place your bet (say 18s, as it probably won't shorten in price that much in such a short time).

Okay, cheers. I figured betting slips were a bit more sacrosanct than that.

They should tell you all this stuff in the shop, like.

The Bet365 one is good, but for existing account holders only.

Half of your e/w stake refunded as withdrawable cash, subject to t's and c's. I'd planned to put about £50 on altogether. Put £100 on instead and got £50 refunded almost instantly.

Good deal that mate

The Bet365 one is good, but for existing account holders only.

Half of your e/w stake refunded as withdrawable cash, subject to t's and c's. I'd planned to put about £50 on altogether. Put £100 on instead and got £50 refunded almost instantly.

Done this to. Can lock in profit of 80 quid but going to punt it this time. Done 10 horses 12.50 e/w. Hopefully something lands.

I am also in the hunt for some online betting offers. Used to be loads of those knocking around.

What sort of offers are you after?

The Bet365 one is the best around today for existing customers.

888 and BetStars are doing faller insurance.

Money back as a free bet if your horse falls, I think that's on all races at Aintree and maybe some other meets too.

21Bet and 10Bet doing the same.

Betfair giving a £25 free bet if your horse wins any live ITV race at odds of 3/1 or better.

Betway giving a £25 refund as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd at any race at Aintree (except 15:00)

Betfred/Totesport £10 refund as a free bet if your horse comes 5th or 6th in the 17:15

Sportingbet £25 refund if 2nd or 3rd in the 17:15

Unibet £10 refund as a free bet if 2nd in the 17:15

Loads of other bookies doing shit offers too.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Just back from the bookies. Always a bit of a lottery the national but you just have to have a bet on it.

Gone for. 

Rogue Angel at 25/1 5 notes E/W

Black Lion 16/1 10 notes E/W

Raz De Maree 40/1 5 notes E/W

Missus picked The young Master 22/1 5 notes E/W