You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grand National 2017/Aintree meeting

Guest Pistonbroke

Agreed although i'd be happy for One Punch Jarv to sit Definitely Red down in a locked room and find out why he pulled up. 

Jockey said it landed heavily in the sand after a jump and he lost control of his stirrups/legs, went on for another two fences but had too pull up. 

Got the winner, can't remember the last time ( if ever ).

Funny article by Colin Murray in the Metro on Friday going on about his pathetic effforts backing GN horses and telling you which 4 he was backing to avoid them. Seems it was true as the two I can remember were Vicente which was gone by the first and Definitly Red which lolloped to a stop soon after.

Agreed although i'd be happy for One Punch Jarv to sit Definitely Red down in a locked room and find out why he pulled up.

Brilliant.

I thought I heard the commentators say wonderful charm finished 6th so I thought I'd salvaged something but alas it finished 19th or thereabouts.

Got the winner, can't remember the last time ( if ever ).

Funny article by Colin Murray in the Metro on Friday going on about his pathetic effforts backing GN horses and telling you which 4 he was backing to avoid them. Seems it was true as the two I can remember were Vicente which was gone by the first and Definitly Red which lolloped to a stop soon after.

Bumped into a workmate in town after the National a few years back.

He was suited and booted and still had his race badge tied in his buttonhole, so had obviously been the races.

I asked him how he'd got on and, with genuine anger in his voice, he proceeded to tell me how every horse he'd picked had managed to fall, even the one he'd picked in the national hunt flat race.

He was livid, but I thought it was hilarious!

• Upvote 1

Bumped into a workmate in town after the National a few years back.

He was suited and booted and still had his race badge tied in his buttonhole, so had obviously been the races.

I asked him how he'd got on and, with genuine anger in his voice, he proceeded to tell me how every horse he'd picked had managed to fall, even the one he'd picked in the national hunt flat race.

He was livid, but I thought it was hilarious!

I picked 4 horses a few years back and when I checked later 2 fell at the first fence and the other 2 were put down.