You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Android

Captain

I tried Android a few years ago with an open mind, and i’m definitely not someone you could describe as an Apple Fan Boy.

I hated Android though, it just looked shit and kept crashing. Yes you can do more stuff compared to iOS (Kodi for example) but for those things I never use a phone or tablet anyway.

There’s literally nothing I can’t do on my iPhone or iPad that I would want to do on them, and they are infinitely more stable than any Android based products i’ve had in the past.

I’m happy to pay extra for that to be honest.

I tried Android a few years ago with an open mind, and i’m definitely not someone you could describe as an Apple Fan Boy.

I hated Android though, it just looked shit and kept crashing. Yes you can do more stuff compared to iOS (Kodi for example) but for those things I never use a phone or tablet anyway.

There’s literally nothing I can’t do on my iPhone or iPad that I would want to do on them, and they are infinitely more stable than any Android based products i’ve had in the past.

I’m happy to pay extra for that to be honest.

That’s it in a nutshell. Mac stuff works for those who use the tool as a means to an end rather than the end itself. Reliability, stability and consistency do it for me.

• 4 months later...

My Sony Xperia recently updated itself to Android 8.0 (really nice OS) but it apparently has known issues that prevent Android Auto from functioning properly. This has supposedly been fixed in the release of Andriod 8.1 but the phone hasn't updated itself to this.

Is there a way to get the phone to update to Android 8.1 manually?

I’ve got one of these and it’s sound. Only a tenner more than the sticks now too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075QCRBHB/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521146662&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=t95z+plus+tv+box&dpPl=1&dpID=51HPPXrH-xL&ref=plSrch

There’s a newer version with higher specs but they’re closer to £70. No need for it if you’re only using it to stream films and TV shows.

• Upvote 1

I’ve got one of these and it’s sound. Only a tenner more than the sticks now too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075QCRBHB/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521146662&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=t95z+plus+tv+box&dpPl=1&dpID=51HPPXrH-xL&ref=plSrch

There’s a newer version with higher specs but they’re closer to £70. No need for it if you’re only using it to stream films and TV shows.

Is that the same one I got a while back for my dad ? Think you recommended it. If so I'll get another as dad seems happy with it.

Is that the same one I got a while back for my dad ? Think you recommended it. If so I'll get another as dad seems happy with it.

I’m not sure. I don’t remember. It’s worth doing a quick Google search for box reviews. You don’t need to be going for anything at the top end. Plenty to choose from that are £60 or less.

I’m not sure. I don’t remember. It’s worth doing a quick Google search for box reviews. You don’t need to be going for anything at the top end. Plenty to choose from that are £60 or less.

I got it on someones recommendation on here. Just ordered another one on ebay. Thanks for the advice.

• Upvote 1

What is the best way for me to personalise my homepage ? I've tried moving the apps I use the most but they seem to be rooted in the apps section.

Did you get that sorted Dougie? I’ve just been having a mess around with mine and downloaded a free app called Simple TV Launcher. It’s easy to customise the entire home screen using it.

67_A2_EE16-2_B6_A-478_F-_B2_B5-9_D6662_A

• Upvote 1

I managed to do the basic one which will do for now.

In other Dougie needy bastard related stuff. I'm getting bombarded with pop up adds all of a sudden on Teranium TV which is also causing the programme i'm watching to buffer. I only used to get adds when I pressed the back button or when something ended. 

I've a feeling I may have clicked on something I shouldn't have. Any advice ?

I managed to do the basic one which will do for now.

In other Dougie needy bastard related stuff. I'm getting bombarded with pop up adds all of a sudden on Teranium TV which is also causing the programme i'm watching to buffer. I only used to get adds when I pressed the back button or when something ended.

I've a feeling I may have clicked on something I shouldn't have. Any advice ?

Easy one that, mate. Delete Terrarium, open the web browser on your box, type in ‘docsquiffy.com/downloads’ and scroll down to find the ad free version instead.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help folks.

I'm trying to install an all black screens apk on my S8+ which has Oreo 8.0.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/get-system-wide-dark-theme-your-galaxy-s8-no-root-needed-0177838/

2 apk links on step 2 on above link.

Using Chrome and I can't get them to download.

Tried disabling pop up blocker etc.

Download works on both Firefox and Chrome on laptop.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm hearing Terrarium TV is fucked ? What are the alternatives if any ?

I've been using Neptune Rising on Kodi and it is pretty good. Shame about Terrarium as it is installed straight onto firestick, but it has been inevitable for some time.

I'm hearing Terrarium TV is fucked ? What are the alternatives if any ?

Aye, just seen the farewell message. Terrarium is no more.

FreeFlix HQ is an alternative although it’s not as slick. Same with Showbox.

I downloaded something called ‘Morpheus TV’ earlier and it looks sound. The problem is that when you first open the app there’s a message from the developer saying it’s gotten too big and he won’t be maintaining it anymore. All the scrapers are still working well for now though.

Hopefully something else comes along and quickly. Can’t be arsed going back to Kodi. Too much fannying about.

• Upvote 1