You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match thread(h) Everton

LFC 6 Times

It's coming at a time when a spawny 1-0 to them wouldn't be a total surprise. Two sides that are rejigged slightly, with players injured and knackered from international duty.

Without Schniederlin I reckon we'll win the midfield battle, but then we'll be ripe for a counter as we press high. It's the kind of game everyone worries about, gets loads of build up, then ends 0-0.

I think they'll win.

Combined with the not in any way premature announcement of a stadium move it will be taken as an implicit sign that finally IT has happened; they are due to overtake us and reclaim their rightful place. A kind of similar feel was around when we played them under the owl.

They will then contrive a way to spectacularly fall on their faces after both milking it to an incredible extent and being as unguarded as they always are about what this means for their future.

This is the sort of game where I hope Sturridge comes of the bench and scores the winner. We need the points, and he needs a goal - both for himself, and also for his/our summer prospects of securing a move elsewhere. West Ham I'm looking at you.

Nice to see Gruijic in training too. I'd rather he played in the middle than Stewart or Lucas, if it comes to that. I think Grujic has a goal in him, and could do well with Can and Wijnaldum. 

Not sure what sort of team we will put out with the injuries and jet lag but hopefully they match Everton's fire early on (assuming that's what they do), and then get a grip of it and win the match.