You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Mar 18-19)

tlw content

wengerplanebanner.jpg

Arsenal were overpowered by West Brom last weekend and conceded a couple of goals from set-pieces. In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet and Jose Mourinho is a bad helmet.  

Dawson headed the Baggies in front from a corner (oui, of course) but Sanchez smashed in an equaliser soon after. That Robson-Kanu jabroni came off the bench and scored his customary “one goal a season” (apologies in advance if I’ve tempted fate and he slots against us in a few weeks) and Dawson headed in from another corner to make the game safe.  

Arsenal got well and truly Pulised, but I’m not gloating too much as we’ve got to go there soon and who’d bet against us suffering the same fate? Not me, that’s for sure.  

A plane flew over the stadium before the game with a “Wenger Out” message. Shortly after, an “In Arsene We Trust” one flew over. Flying messages over by plane is one of the lamest things footy fans can do; it positively reeks of “sad manc twat”, but trust Arsenal to take one of the most cringey things a fan can do, and make it even fucking worse.  

Here’s an idea, let the knobheads fly spitfires over next time and battle it out old school, with the winner deciding Wenger’s fate? In fact, why not let ‘Uncle Fester’ Claude and ‘Club Shop’ Ty fly the planes and screen it live on Arsenal Fan TV.  

Shearer said on MOTD that the players showed that they want Wenger out by their performance. Not sure I’d go along with that as this is just who Arsenal are. They’ve been putting in performances like this for years. They generally get outplayed by the top sides and they occasionally get bullied by the shite ones. They usually win enough of their other games to still make the top four and they might yet do it again, but they’re making it hard for themselves.  

Arsenal’s players have since come out to voice support of their beleaguered boss, with Giroud saying "We want Arsene Wenger to renew his contract, to continue his adventure, because we support him.” His adventure! Hahaha I’m just imagining the fume from DT, Troopz and Claude when they heard that quote.  

The best thing about Arsenal at the moment is this “will he or won’t he” thing with Wenger and his new contract. Actually no, that’s the second best thing. This is the best thing…  

Gaaarrrr, it be them there shin pads, shiver me timbers lad.  

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.