You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Firearms incident' at Westminster

Teflon Don

The bollocks of the sad face, sombre voice from the politicians has now got to the stage where I can't watch any more news;

I am not saying the loss of life is not tragic or that hundreds of people will not be effected for the rest of their lives. My thoughts go to these people, but the politicians and media can go and fuck themselves.

• Upvote 1

Apparently he was pissed and trying to avoid a check. They didn't help him out much at all.

French authorities later said the suspect was Tunisian national who was probably drunk and trying to escape a police check.

"He did not want to drive into the soldiers. We think he wanted to escape a check," a source close to the case told Reuters.

The suspect was unknown to intelligence services, but known to police for common law crimes, he added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/23/belgian-police-arrest-man-trying-drive-crowd-antwerp/

The drunk driver has now been charged with attempted murder and terrorism charges.

9 people now in custody linked to the attack.

Whoopee, have they charged anyone ?

Don't get me wrong I hope they have rounded up some twats and have evidence to support a prosecution but so often "a series of arrests" following an incident is just throwing a few bones to the angry mob . "Released without charge" usually follows after a weekend of hysteria in the media

Jesus wept. The Mirror needs to give its head a wobble printing this garbage,

Are they running spreads on the thousands of others that bravely walked possibly the safest road in Britain at this moment in time,

Shocking the lack of perspective being shown,

Unplanned attack by some aged thick loser cunt put up to doing this stunt whilst in prison .

It's not much different from all the other twats that get criminalised in some shape or form when in our prisons.

Lack of money and resources put in to our prisons is more of the issue here than some existential threat from muslamic ray guns  

The bollocks of the sad face, sombre voice from the politicians has now got to the stage where I can't watch any more news;

I am not saying the loss of life is not tragic or that hundreds of people will not be effected for the rest of their lives. My thoughts go to these people, but the politicians and media can go and fuck themselves.

And those same politicians and media will be tearing the back out of the Police, Doctors and Nurses when they have the nerve to ask for a pay rise.

And those same politicians and media will be tearing the back out of the Police, Doctors and Nurses when they have the nerve to ask for a pay rise.

I don't think you can say all politicians don't care about the Police.

C7jDHmqW4AArFtg.jpg

There must be at least 15 there. 

I don't think  there's much you can really do to stop some headcase stabbing you in the street to be honest, even if you're dressed up like robocop and armed to the teeth it only takes some sneaky fucker to approach you asking for help then attack you. I think people are going OTT with all this as they always do, the only thing that's gone 'wrong' here is this loon. No amount of MI5 surveilance or kevlar for coppers can legislate for a cunt with a knife. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think they should be publishing his photo. Don't give him any publicity.

I was thinking something similar. Shame that in murders it tends to be the name and mugshot of the killers that gets remember​ed. Not too mention the glorifying, copycat issues and misinformation reported.

We all know the media impacts in many ways. Different I know but the media for some time have been revising the way they report suicides for various reasons. They definitely need to work on their coverage of this type of situation.

In a way the killers become celebrities to some, when you consider below it is cause for concern. But with the right type of reporting huge changes can be made.

Abstract

A total of 293 findings from 42 studies on the impact of publicized suicide stories in the media on the incidence of suicide in the real world were analyzed by logistic regression analysis. Studies measuring the effect of either an entertainment or political celebrity suicide story were 14.3 times more likely to find a copycat effect than studies that did not. Studies based on a real as opposed to fictional story were 4.03 times more likely to uncover a copycat effect. Research based on televised stories was 82% less likely to report a copycat effect than research based on newspapers. A review of recent events in Austria and Switzerland indicates that suicide prevention organizations can successfully convince the media to change the frequency and content of their suicide coverage in an effort to reduce copycat effects

http://jech.bmj.com/content/57/4/238.full