You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Firearms incident' at Westminster

Teflon Don

First and foremost I totally condemn the brainwashed pricks that do this shit, It's the right of everyone to walk down the street without some stabby ISIS fueled gobshite mowing you down in 4x4.. I fully support the police and intel guys who do a great job stopping most of this fuckwittery but where I have an issue is the fucking politicians , especially the Tories, who to varying degrees seek to make capital out of tragedy, Theresa May standing up and pontificating about the the threat to democracy which she does her level best to undermine much more successfully without having to murder anyone in cold blood..If she really cared she would be condemning the racist cunts seeking to further divide society and reaching out to British Muslims to reassure them we are in this together, Instead of that expect some Trump inspired security measures and May waving the Union Jack in an effort to silence criticism of Brexit and the collapse in Health and Education. I hate her

Didn't see it mate Completely off topic ( mind tends to wander a bit these days) last time a i saw a bunch of students on TV being interviewed was outside a college in Sunderland during the referendum campaign , Kids were solidly for Leave and one genius piped up saying "what have the EU ever done for us ?" Behind him in the college wall was a plaque to say it was built with EU funding.

Anyway carpet bagging after tragedies is nothing new , If there is anything to admire about Trump at least he makes no secret of being a total cunt,

People moaning about the people who will use the attacks to score political points are doing exactly the same thing in the same post.

'So shit innocent people have died, what an awful world we live in etc' but what about those racists, England fans, Tories, Trump, Brexit' etc etc'

Saw it on.Twitter earlier Rico. What was the person who took the picture doing to help?

Exactly. In later pics you can see the poor woman looks terrified. If I was there probably the first thing I'd do would be to phone the wife and tell her I was ok.

In situations like this I'm always amazed how people are judged by their reactions, like there's a 'proper' way to react to seeing others mown down by a car.

Terrible reporting by the BBC earlier, Kuenssberg is atrocious - her questioning of Rudd was utteriy facile and saying that the streets around Westminster (closed to the public at the time) were strangely subdued... no shit...

As for the walking tour of the bridge, get fucked you sensationalist cunts.  Only thing that whole report does is illustrate an experience for viewers to empathise with, and since it's a terrifying experience it spreads nothing but fear and panic.

One thing I do find puzzling is the inability by our security forces to identify a recidivist violent offender as a potential threat during their previous investigations. People prone to violent behaviour generally have issues with perspective and surely that indicates that someone is vulnerable to radicalisation if associated with radical circles, I mean surely the Exeter bombing was a clear enough sign of that Venn diagram existing.  Failing of an uncaring, punitive prison system more than the security forces themselves, mind...

Terrible reporting by the BBC earlier, Kuenssberg is atrocious - her questioning of Rudd was utteriy facile and saying that the streets around Westminster (closed to the public at the time) were strangely subdued... no shit...

As for the walking tour of the bridge, get fucked you sensationalist cunts.  Only thing that whole report does is illustrate an experience for viewers to empathise with, and since it's a terrifying experience it spreads nothing but fear and panic.

One thing I do find puzzling is the inability by our security forces to identify a recidivist violent offender as a potential threat during their previous investigations. People prone to violent behaviour generally have issues with perspective and surely that indicates that someone is vulnerable to radicalisation if associated with radical circles, I mean surely the Exeter bombing was a clear enough sign of that Venn diagram existing.  Failing of an uncaring, punitive prison system more than the security forces themselves, mind...

I think the answer to the 3rd paragraph is that there are too many to watch. Imagine the resources to watch this bloke and the 100's of other people like him.

In related news, the right wing gift that keeps on giving, known as Britain First, have announced a demonstration/march against the attack, to take place on.... ....1st April.

What is the fucking point? Seriously. Just insights more angst, offers a new target for a terrorist attack (some might say that particular target wouldn't be a bad one), Will cost taxpayers money because of the needed police presence..... I fucking hate them cunts as much as the terrorists that kill people. That Tommy Robinson clip and the wanky weird cunt shouting into the much after him both deserve to be dumped in the middle of Homs. Hateful racist bigoted narrow minded cunts. FUCK OFF! 

I think the answer to the 3rd paragraph is that there are too many to watch. Imagine the resources to watch this bloke and the 100's of other people like him.

Possibly, but doubtful many fit the profile of this guy, appreciate that they cannot (nor should they) monitor people to the extent of being able to prevent this type of attack - monitoring potential targets rather than perpetrators is both more efficient and less invasive (to innocent parties would also be subject to monitoring).  The question is whether the data was taken into account, or even there in the first place.  But that brings me close to entering into a political discussion about the prison system and it's probably not the time to take this off on such tangents.

That said, on another tangent - is there a constitutional reason why there aren't armed guards posted outside parliament?  Something like the military being ultimately under the monarch's command?  I mean, it can't be a tourism reason, give them a fluffy hat and they'll lap it up...

Possibly, but doubtful many fit the profile of this guy, appreciate that they cannot (nor should they) monitor people to the extent of being able to prevent this type of attack - monitoring potential targets rather than perpetrators is both more efficient and less invasive (to innocent parties would also be subject to monitoring).  The question is whether the data was taken into account, or even there in the first place.  But that brings me close to entering into a political discussion about the prison system and it's probably not the time to take this off on such tangents.

That said, on another tangent - is there a constitutional reason why there aren't armed guards posted outside parliament?  Something like the military being ultimately under the monarch's command?  I mean, it can't be a tourism reason, give them a fluffy hat and they'll lap it up...

R4 news this morning had an ex-spook talking about the risk assessments and how they are prioritised (P1-P4) - there's literally thousands across the 4 categories and of course you've no way of knowing when a P3 decides to get serious and move to a P1.

If you think there may be 50 people that need watching in each city and 200 in London that soon adds up and gets unmanageable.

I get sick of them referencing this mystical 'democracy' we're meant to have in the country. There's no democracy in Britain, we have a rigged voting system & one of the worst media set ups in the World for brainwashing people.

Democracy my fucking arse.

My sentiments exactly,especially when I saw the bullshit 'Attack on Democracy' garbage on the front of the Daily Mirror. This lot wouldnt know democracy if it tea bagged them.