You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ronnie Moran

Very sad news.

One thing that made me smile in recent years was during Kenny's second spell and Sky did a feature that played before one of our games (v Arsenal, I think it may have been) of Janie Redknapp going back to Melwood to have a wander round. On the raining pitch dressed in all the gear mucking in was Ronnie Moran, who got on camera for a chat. Just one of those moments that couldn't help but warm you inside.

Liverpool legend. No other description needed.

• Upvote 1

Another link with the real Liverpool gone.  Another reason I loved the club gone.  Ronnie was an essential part of our success especially in the 70s and 80s.  I don't believe we'd have been the club we were without him.  Really sad news.  

Thank you, and rest in peace Ronnie.

• Upvote 6

He was part of the bootroom and that was all I knew about Ronnie Moran growing up. But to be a member of the braintrust that really put us on the world stage, puts me in awe of him. Makes me wonder whether we'll see the likes again. May he rest in peace.

They simply don't make them like Ronnie anymore.

The word legend gets thrown about way too much - for Ronnie Moran it is completely fitting.

Thanks for being part of some of the greatest memories of my life, Mr Moran - just thanks.

YNWA.