You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 Footy Shirts

Tony Moanero

I can remember watching one of my first Match of The Day games in colour and birmingham played in this strip! It was radical to say the least and looked good compared to seeing shirts in black and white!

41-birmingham-1972-74-3rd.jpg

Also liked this 70's Palace shirt.

24-crystal-palace-1972-73-h.jpg

Two of my mates who were city supporters had these 1974ish change strips. They also had a dark blue version with red and white diagonal as their 3rd strip when these were virtually unheard of.

8ad279af4f76bf25481a8bdeb3ae073b.jpg

Been looking at pictures of old Liverpool shirts. This site, for example, is boss - http://www.liverpoolkits.com

I'm not bothered about football at all now, due to various personal reasons but mostly my ongoing battle with depression and anxiety. I don't mind admitting that I had a little cry while listening to "You'll Never Walk Alone", as it reminded me of just how much L.F.C. used to mean to me. Brilliant football club, brilliant city.

Chin up Tone. YNWA still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Special meaning to me as well (as Im sure it has to others).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't mind admitting that I had a little cry while listening to "You'll Never Walk Alone", as it reminded me of just how much L.F.C. used to mean to me. Brilliant football club, brilliant city.

I spend way more time than I ought to need to defending the city and I'm not even from there. Amazing how a stereotype takes and sticks. 

I can't sing You'll Never Walk Alone as it always chokes me up a bit. Although as I never go to the match anymore it's not as much of an issue these days.

First match I went to after my grandad died I was blubbing like a child through it, he was a Newcastle supporter all his life but about the only member of my family who always said "he can support whoever the hell he wants" and always wanted us to do well. 

• Upvote 1

Admiral made some cracking kits.

get_shirty_admiral_docu.jpg

stream_img.jpg

MaradonaEngland.jpg

1980s_tampa_bay_rowdies_admiral_home_foo

saudi-arabia.jpg

$_1.JPG

415741593738_01.jpg

In a poll some time ago the Wales team of the mid-70's was voted the ugliest team ever to take to the pitch and the guys in the top picture are doing very little to dispute the outcome of the poll. One phrase that sticks with me was a description of skipper, Peter Rodrigues as

' Looking like he had his face set on fire & put out with a shovel '

We can't have worn that many times, though I do seem to recall one occasion, when John Barnes beat Dave Beasant from long range at The Dell.

I think Southampton away was the only place the full kit was worn, gold shirt, black shorts and socks.

We played a game at sunderland, roker park where they wore the gold shirt but with green shorts and socks! Hurt my fucking eyes that night, I tell yer.

It would seem that my memory isn't what it was. We did wear the gold shirt (with black shorts and Saints socks?) v Southampton at The Dell. Barnes did score but their goalkeeper on that occasion was Grobbelaar not Beasant. We wore the ecru kit when Barnes beat Beasant from long range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yJ_26r8Ls