You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Radio Thread

Bjornebye

• 1 month later...

Two really good things on Radio 4 back to back this morning:

Howzat for Hollywood about the Hollywood cricket club:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08skhyr

Political Thinking with Nick Robinson on Corbyn, the youth vote, how social media is transforming the election and how polling is changing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08skhyt

• 9 months later...

Do any of the owl arses of my generation remember 25 Years of Rock on Radio 1?

It was a weekly show in 1980 (Sunday evening, I think).  Each week they would play music and news reports from a single year, from 1955 to 1979. The format is commonplace on radio and telly now, but it was groundbreaking back then. For me, it was particularly eye-opening to hear reports of the civil rights struggles, the anti-war movement, campaigns against nuclear arms, etc. and to hear that they all had a brilliant soundtrack.  It gave me my first introduction to a lot of the music I still love today.  

Superb stuff.

(I've just seen something about it being repeated on Radio 6.)

• 5 months later...

30 years since that summer of love and BBC Radio 6 have a full day of ravey/danceytriup ye tits of classics on, all day.

The rave scene saved my life back then, as Liverpool where just about to go fucking shite.

They should bring back live from the paradox on a Saturday night on city fm

• 1 year later...
Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Radio Garden allows you to listen to thousands of live radio stations world wide by rotating the globe. Every green dot represents a city or town. Tap on it to tune into the radio stations broadcasting from that city.

https://radio.garden/

Cheers Mick, cool. Like how the stations just automatically play when you land the cross hair on them. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got an internet radio. It's sound. We're exploding stations at the minute and have two good stations:

On classic rock. German station playing nothing but brilliant songs with about 1 DJ interruption per hour for about 10 seconds. 

Big blue swing. Old jazz, swing and blues. Really good background music. 

Anyone have any recommendations? Specifically looking for a country station that plays some modern hits too e.g. Luke Combs

38 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Just got an internet radio. It's sound. We're exploding stations at the minute and have two good stations:

On classic rock. German station playing nothing but brilliant songs with about 1 DJ interruption per hour for about 10 seconds. 

Anyone have any recommendations? Specifically looking for a country station that plays some modern hits too e.g. Luke Combs

Could you blow up LBC when Farage is on next, please.

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I found a superb radio station in the car when driving round Italy. Very little talking and just tune after tune from 90s dance to rock music. very few Italian songs but even they were brilliant. Personal favourite moment was driving through the hills of Tuscany in my mates convertable with Korns version of Another Brick in the Wall blaring out. One of them "I could cry and crash right now and go out a happy man" moments. 

• 9 months later...

I'm half laughing half pissed off myself here. My dad was ranting about Zoe Ball on Radio 2 in the mornings to me a while back saying the music she plays isn't what Radio 2 is about, especially in the mornings. 

Got it on now and she's playing Played A-Live (The Bongo Song) by Safri Duo

This:

Jesus fucking wept , Radio 2! 

14 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

CHFI 98.1 is where its at.

She has Chris Evans on Virgin radio on in the morning upstairs and thats miles better than Radio 2 until Ken Bruce comes on but alas..... Ken is off this week so it's all gone to shit and I'll be writing to my local MP.