You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europe.

Fowlers God

Just reading through the match thread and I'm absolutely horrified that people actively want Liverpool to fall outside the Europa League places (if we're not getting CL). What so we can focus all our attentions like this season on getting top 4? It's not worked out (position wise) for us just yet has it?

Fuck sake lads, we are LFC. The kings of Europe. I don't care what European format we are in as long as in it. We need to be in it. We need to be battling on all fronts and this competition if we fail on our target of top 4 is sufficient enough to help with that ambition next season.

• Upvote 3

Small club thinking not wanting to be in Europe.

Even Koeman at Everton wants to be in Europe.

I think we qualified for Europe for 11 successive seasons prior to the hedgefund gang taking us over. If we failed to make Europe this would be the 4th time under FSG we have failed to qualify.

We will be in Europe next season though, it would be a complete trainwreck if we didn't qualify through league placing especially where we were positioned at the new year.

Just so we're clear. We don't have a squad to compete in three competitions sufficiently now; what makes anyone think we'll add the volume or calibre of players to do it in four next year at a sufficient level to be competitive? Especially in a competition in the Europa League where it is more of a marathon than the Champions League?

I don't actually care if we're in the Europa League or not though. It'll hamper us doing well in the league, though maybe that shouldn't be a surprise given what's happened this season.

If we can't finish 1st I want us to finish 2nd and if we can't finish 2nd then I want 3rd and so on and so on.....

If we aren't going to try and finish as high as possible then we may as well spew it now, although judging by recent displays it looks like we may have already done so

The Europa League doesn't hold the appeal that the UEFA and even Cup Winners Cup had.

The games being played on Thursday makes it even worse and probably guarantees another poor domestic showing with our small squad.

Champions League or nothing, please.

• Upvote 1

Yet another example of the shitness of modern footy...same with people who aren't arsed about us just surrendering our place in the fa cup.

I just want us to win something

Id be happy with a few cups these day. At least it would show progress.

I just want us to win something

Id be happy with a few cups these day. At least it would show progress.

Yeah - 1 trophy this decade so far. We shouldn't be turning our noses up at any opportunity.

Shame that the modern game has made things like the europa feel shite to people because of greed.

I know it's not the most prestigious of cups but I genuinely want us to be in it whenever possible, (excluding champions league qualifications obviously)

The main highlights of last year were all fantastic nights in the europa, smashing the mancs, the comeback against dortmund, the double YNWA had me tingling, shame we shit the bed in the final.

Contrast it with this season, we had a decent run at the beginning but we are winning fuck all at this point, I would have loved to be in it this year.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Just reading through the match thread and I'm absolutely horrified that people actively want Liverpool to fall outside the Europa League places (if we're not getting CL). What so we can focus all our attentions like this season on getting top 4? It's not worked out (position wise) for us just yet has it?

Fuck sake lads, we are LFC. The kings of Europe. I don't care what European format we are in as long as in it. We need to be in it. We need to be battling on all fronts and this competition if we fail on our target of top 4 is sufficient enough to help with that ambition next season.

In an idea world, none of us would want that. But we're not in an ideal world are we? We are Liverpool and I sing that loud and proud. But the fact is, we arent kings of anything never mind Europe. We cannot compete on almost every front collectively you want to imagine right now. Hopefully, sometime soon in the future we will.

We need to face reality that city, manchester united, chelsea and a lesser extent arsenal are way ahead of us on the field. And that's before you even add in Bayern, Juve, PSG and the 2 spanish clubs.

We cant compete in the top quartile of transfer fees. We cant compete in the top quartile of wages. We cant compete on all fronts in the PL, FAC, EFL Cup and Europe with a realistic chance of winning any one without prioritising and concentrating on one, maybe two.

And as everyone knows even that doesnt gaurantee winning.

I would jib Europe and Id jib the FA and EFL cup next season by playing the kids and lump on title challenges for the next 5 years. Yeah, its pretty much a shit or bust strategy.

Some people are hung up about not having won a trophy since the King's last triumph. Im more hung up on not winning the title for 27 going to be 28 years. Each to their own though.

How about we just try as hard as we can to win everything we are in....i just don't get all this lets jib one off for the other lark....aim to try and win the lot and we might just end up winning things again and success breeds success/helps us become bigger and so on...

So you rather miss out on the Europa,probably an easier path to Champions League qualification than finishing top 4 in England. Then another year out of Europe and are coefficient ranking takes another tumble meaning will be be 3rd seeds at best if not 4th seeds end up in a group of death and go out in the group stages which means far less money,more players not wanting to join etc

We need to build up our rankings and get back into the Champions league by any means.

You can just about walk through the Europa group stages with a weakened team and start playing the first team in the knock out rounds. We need to be back into it. If we cant handle two games a week we might aswell not bother anyway.

I see winning the title as a far bigger priority than getting a UEFA co efficient up.

A big UEFA co efficient never seems to have benefited arsenal. They go out every year after the group stage. Conversely, leicester havent done too bad having fuck all UEFA co efficient. having got as far as arsenal and seemingly in a better position to advance to the next round.

Conversely, leicester havent done too bad having fuck all UEFA co efficient. having got as far as arsenal and seemingly in a better position to advance to the next round.

Exactly - plus they will have had some European experience so next year they should be even better off.